Nicole Eggert, an actress on 1980’s sitcom Charles in Charge, publicly claimed that fellow actor Scott Baio sexually abused her during their time on the show when she was a minor earlier this year. Eggert filed a police report in February after Baio “dared” her to. However, prosecutors have now dropped the investigation due to an expiration of the “statue of limitations.”

On Monday, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said it wouldn’t file charges because too many years have passed since the incident occurred.

50 Celebrities Who Have Died In 2018 – Tribute Slideshow

Although Baio denies the allegations, Eggert vehemently stands behind her original claims that he had digitally penetrated her at 14 and later had sex with her at 17. Nonetheless, Baio said they had consensual sex when she was 18-years-old.

SLIDESHOW: Met Gala 2018 – 23 Best Dressed Stars

Baio told the Huff Post he sympathizes with victims of “honest” sexual abuse claims.

“Unlike Nicole Eggert, most claims of sexual assault and harassment are honest, and my heart goes out to those who have been harmed,” he said. “As bad as Nicole Eggert’s actions against me were, she has hurt them even more if they are doubted for even one moment because of her untrue allegations. I hope that does not happen, and I will do my best to support them.”

Baio’s attorney, Leonard Levine, added to this sentiment:

“It is unfortunate that Ms. Eggert and her attorney are claiming that somehow this is proof of Mr. Baio’s guilt. It is nothing of the sort,” the lawyer said in an email on Wednesday. “A thorough investigation was conducted on behalf of Mr. Baio, where countless witnesses were questioned and previous statements of Ms. Eggert (all recorded) were reviewed, in which she denies any wrongdoing by Mr. Baio. He adamantly denies engaging in any of the conduct Ms. Eggert has alleged, and he has never been charged, let alone convicted, of anything. It is not how often you tweet, or how loud you shout, but rather facts that prevail in our legal system.”

However, Eggert had a different view on the dropped charges.

The case is now closed by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office. Another costar of the sitcom, Alexander Polinsky, also accused Baio of sexual harassment in February, which Biao denied.