Katy Perry And Russell Brand Wed In India
Let the wedding celebrations begin! Russell Brand and Katy Perry tied the knot on Saturday at a luxury resort near the Ranthambhore tiger sanctuary in Rajasthan.
The traditional Hindu wedding was conducted at the resort where Brand first proposed. Brand, 35, and Perry, 36, tweeted together "We did!" with a picture of their names soon after the nuptials concluded. Guests included Rihanna, who is Perry's maid of honor, and British comedians Jonathan Ross and David Walliams. Excluded from the festivities were four Indian photographers who claimed that two of Brand's bodyguards assaulted them on Friday, when they attempted to snap pictures of the bridal party. Though they initially filed assault charges, they have since dropped them.
"The very private and spiritual ceremony, attended by the couples' closest family and friends, was performed by a Christian minister and longtime friend of the Hudson Family. The backdrop was the inspirational and majestic countryside of Northern India," said a source close to the couple on CNN. Perry reportedly wore a gray Elie Saab gown down the aisle.
Perry asked for privacy before her nuptials. "TWIT BREAK: Greatest gift u can give us is respect & ♥ during this private X. No use wasting ur X w/ STOLEN or FALSE info. Thnku for this," she tweeted before her flight. Brand proposed to Perry in December 2009, while the couple was vacationing in India. The two have since left for their honeymoon in the Maldives --ISHITA SINGH
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango