Juno Temple Bio: In Her Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
Juno Temple (born July 21, 1989) is an English actress known for her roles in the films Atonement, Killer Joe and The Dark Knight Rises. She is the daughter of film producer Amanda Pirie and director Julien Temple, and began acting at a very young age after seeing Belle et la Bête by Jean Cocteau. Temple made her film debut at the age of 9, in Vigo: Passion for Life which was directed by her father who ended up cutting her scenes. She also starred in Pandaemonium two years later, which was directed by her father.
Juno Temple Biography
Temple went on to win critical acclaim for her roles in Notes on a Scandal which starred Judi Dench, Cate Blanchett and Bill Nighy, and Atonement which starred Kiera Knightley, James McAvoy, Vanessa Redgrave, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Saoirse Ronan.
She would go on to appear in several films, including The Three Musketeers from director Paul W.S. Anderson and starred Logan Lerman, Orlando Bloom, Milla Jovovich, Christoph Waltz, and Mads Mikkelsen, as well as the highly successful The Dark Knight Rises directed by Christopher Nolan and starring Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Anne Hathaway and Marion Cotillard.
While she appeared in these big-budget films, her biggest role career-wise was in the indie-thriller Killer Joe. The film was directed by William Friedkin based on Tracy Letts’ play. Temple played Dottie, a childlike teen caught in a web of lies and murder because of her smalltime crook family and the hitman/police officer Joe. Temple stole the show from her costars Emile Hirsch, Thomas Haden Church, Gina Gershon and Matthew McConaughey. The film went on to receive nearly universal critical acclaim and garnered numerous award nominations. It is required viewing for those interested in what critics and fans call “The McConaissance.”
Afterwards, Temple starred in Magic Magic, where she reunited with her Year One costar Michael Cera. The film was a psychological-horror film from Sebastián Silva that takes place in the Chilean wilderness. Temple plays Alicia, an American tourist, whose schizophrenia tears apart her mind and damages her view of reality. It was lauded for its location and mystique, for Cera’s sudden dramatic turn and Temple’s performance.
Most recently, Temple can be seen in Horns where she costars with Daniel Radcliffe and in Maleficent starring Angelina Jolie.
Juno Temple Interview
We spoke with Juno Temple about Magic Magic—both the difficulties of the role and the excitement she drew from playing such a damaged character.
“I felt it was such a tragic tale for [Alicia] cause she’s so lost in what’s happening in this madness that’s just unraveling for her in this sort of reality and this confusion and utter terror you know — of not knowing who she is anymore,” Temple told uInterview exclusively. “[Alicia’s] in a place where she can’t relate to anyone or anything around her even nature becomes her worst enemy and I wanted to do that, you know, I wanted to challenge myself and I think it was an important, important thing.”
Leave a comment
Juno Temple News
- Get The Look For Less: Juno Temples’ 70’s-Inspired Dress
- Juno Temple Talks ‘Magic Magic,’ Working With Michael Cera
- Michael Cera Discusses ‘Magic Magic,’ Working With Juno Temple [Exclusive Video]
- ‘Vinyl’ Renewal Overturned; HBO Cancels Star-Studded Show After 1 Season
- Kate Mara And Kiernan Shipka Attend Dior Welcome Dinner In London
- Olivia Wilde And Bobby Cannavale Film ‘Vinyl’ On Coney Island
- Johnny Depp Is Whitey Bulger In ‘Black Mass’ Trailer
- Olivia Wilde Attends The Conscious Pop-Up Shop Opening In H&M Suit
- 'Horns' Movie Review Roundup: Daniel Radcliffe Horror Film Earns Mixed Notices
- Ty Simpkins, Child Actor, Wanted For 'Iron Man' Sequels, 'Jurassic World'
- 'Modern Family' Actress Ariel Winter Retains Sister As Legal Guardian
- Eva Green Stars As Ava Lord In 'Sin City: A Dame To Kill For'; New Stills Released
- Ben Affleck And 'Argo' Take Top Honors At BAFTA Awards
- PHOTOS: Amanda Seyfreid Stars As Linda Lovelace
- Angelina Jolie Will Debut Daughter Vivienne Jolie-Pitt In New Film, 'Maleficent'
- VIDEO: Matthew McConaughey Film 'Killer Joe' Rated NC-17 For Graphic Sexuality
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Will Play Alberto Falcone In 'The Dark Knight Rises'
- Robin Williams’ Youngest Son, Cody Williams, Gets Married On Late Actor’s Birthday