Andie MacDowell Bio: In Her Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
Andie MacDowell is an American actress and model who is best known for her roles in Groundhog Day and Four Weddings And A Funeral. This Andi MacDowell bio will let the actress tell her story in her own words
Andie MacDowell Bio: Age, Early Life
Andie MacDowell was born in Gaffney, South Carolina, on April 21, 1958Pauline Johnston and Marion St. Pierre MacDowell. MacDowell briefly attended Winthrop University
Andie MacDowell Bio: Modeling Career
MacDowell signed with the New York City based Elite Model Management in 1978. She appeared in numerous ad campaigns including L’Oréal, Armani, Gap, Sabeth-Row, Mink International, Anne Klein and Bill Blass. She gained attention in the entertainment world with her ad campaigns with Calvin Klein, where advertisements with her image were portrayed in Times Square and on national television.
Andie MacDowell Bio: Acting Career
Andie MacDowell’s debut film role was in Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes. Her lines were dubbed over by Glenn Close because her Southern accent was too strong to accurately portray Jane Porter. Close’s dub was unaccredited.
To improve her method acting skills, MacDowell took private lessons with coach Harold Guskin.
Her next staring role was in Sex, Lies, and Videotape, which was a critical success. With it, MacDowell won a independent Spirit Award, and a Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Actress. She appeared in numerous other films such as Green Card, The Object of Beauty, and Short Cuts.
Her breakthrough role was in the comedy film Groundhog Day, for which she won the Saturn Award for Best Actress. She also starred in the equally as successful Four Weddings and a Funeral, and received a nomination for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress.
More of her films include The 5th Quarter. MacDowell was attracted to the beauty in the script. “It’s a true life story about an incredible family that goes through great loss but also has amazing courage,” she told uInterview. “And portraying Maryanne Abbate was just a great experience. They were there the whole time watching us, so that was also really interesting. So, it’s a family full of love that loses a child, that never should have happened, and they’re coping with that loss and the courage that they have to go on. And it’s also about, you know, the son and football and the community at whole. And how people supported them.”
MacDowell also starred in the ABC show Jane by Design.
Andie MacDowell Bio: Husband, Kids, Personal Life
Andie MacDowell married her first husband and fellow model Paul Qualley in 1986. The couple had three children, Justin Qualley, Rainey Qualley and Sarah Margaret Qualley. The pair divorced in 1999. She was married to her second husband Rhett Hartzog from 2001 to 2004.
Andie MacDowell Bio: In Her Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos News
- Tony Awards 2017: ‘Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet Of 1812’ Leads Nominations With 12 [FULL NOM LIST]
- Groundhog Day Result: Punxsutawney Phil Sees Shadow, 6 More Weeks Of Winter
- Groundhog Day: Punxsutawney Phil Sees His Shadow, Predicts Early Spring
- Winnipeg Willow, Canadian Groundhog, Has Died
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant For Penxsutawney Phil The Groundhog
- Jimmy The Groundhog Bites Down On Mayor During Groundhog Day 2015 Celebrations
- Bill Murray, Harold Ramis Feud Started On The 'Groundhog Day' Set, Lasted Over 20 Years
- Bill Murray Shouts Out Late 'Ghostbusters' Star Harold Ramis While Presenting At Oscars
- Groundhog Day Prediction: Punxsutawney Phil Says Early Spring
- Celebs Respond To Punxsutawney Phil's Groundhog Day Predictions
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.