Buckingham Palace issued a statement on Tuesday, 36 hours after the release of the damning interview Prince Harry and Meghan Markle did with Oprah Winfrey about their life as royals and why they chose to step back. In the statement, Queen Elizabeth said the whole family was “saddened” to hear how challenging the past few years had been for Prince Harry and Markle.

“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning,” the statement continued. “Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately. Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members,” continued the statement.

Prince Harry and Markle made powerful accusations against the Royal family. Meghan said that before her son, Archie, was born, there were discussions concerning how dark his skin might be. The Duchess of Sussex also revealed that she felt suicidal during her first pregnancy.

A royal source told CNN that Buckingham Palace waited to make a statement until British viewers had a chance to watch the interview. The special was aired on Sunday night in the United States and on Monday night in the U.K.

The source said it was important for Buckingham Palace to consider their response carefully before issuing a statement. They also suggested that prince Harry and Markle should have had these types of serious conversations in private with the family.

Prince Charles made a public appearance on Tuesday at a vaccination site. He refused to answer questions about his son and daughter-in-law’s interview.

Harry revealed in the interview that his relationship with his father had been strained by his decision to step back from royal life. He even shared that there was a period of time when his father would not take his phone calls.

Prince Harry and Markle are now living in California and are expecting a baby girl this summer.

50 Best 2021 Concert Tours! Get Ticket Deals Here!

Read more about:

Leave a comment