‘Creed’ Star Jonathan Majors Charged With Assault & Harassment In ‘Domestic Dispute’
Jonathan Majors, 33, was arrested on Saturday and charged with assault, strangulation and harassment after the New York police responded to a “domestic dispute.”
Majors was taken into custody while the victim, a 30-year-old woman, suffered injuries to her head and neck and was transported to the hospital.
IN MEMORIAM 2022: 100 GREAT CELEBRITIES WHO DIED IN 2022
Majors’ lawyer, Priya Chaudhry, said in a statement that the actor was the “victim of an altercation with a woman he knows” and that the woman has taken back her accusation. She later added that witness accounts and video evidence support Majors’ innocence and that the dispute was caused by the woman “having an emotional crisis.”
A week of entertainment news in your in-box.
We find the news you need to know, so you don't have to.
A Manhattan district attorney’s spokesperson said that Majors had been called to court over numerous misdemeanor charges. On Saturday, a judge ordered Majors’ release and set his next court appearance to May 8.
Majors had previously starred in two advertisements for the U.S. Army, which experienced record-low recruitment last year. However, these ads have been paused in response to the alleged assault.
Majors is a prominent actor, co-starring in Creed III alongside Michael B. Jordan and delivering a lead performance in Magazine Dreams that received positive reviews at the Sundance Film Festival.
The star also recently joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania as Kang the Conqueror and is set to headline Avengers: The Kang Dynasty in 2025.
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.