Chyler Leigh Speaks Out About 'Grey's Anatomy' Departure
Grey's Anatomy fans were shocked two weeks ago to see Dr. Lexie Grey, played by Chyler Leigh (Not Another Teen Movie) killed off in a devastating plane crash on the season eight finale after five years of being on the show with no hint of leaving.
Now Leigh, 30, has spoken out to reveal that she wasn't pushed out of Grey's Anatomy by creator Shonda Rhimes or anyone else. Quite the contrary — calling it quits was her idea.
"Earlier this year, I made the decision that season eight would be my last on Grey's Anatomy," Leigh said in a statement to TV Line. "I met with Shonda and we worked together to give Lexie's story appropriate closure. I am very lucky to have worked with this amazing cast and crew for five seasons. My experience on Grey's Anatomy is something that I will treasure for the rest of my life. I want to take this time to say thank you to the fans. Your unconditional love and support have made these last five years very special for me. I look forward to my next chapter and I hope you will continue to follow me on my journey."
Grey's Anatomy will be back next season with stars Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo, Sandra Oh, Chandra Wilson, Sara Ramirez, and Justin Chambers.
For more on Chyler Leigh and Grey's Anatomy:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV