Chris Pratt Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
CHRIS PRATT: EARLY LIFE
Christopher Michael Pratt is an American actor who was born in Virginia, Minnesota. He is the son of Kathleen Louise, a supermarket worker, and Daniel Clifton, a former miner and house remodeler who died of multiple sclerosis in 2014.
When Pratt was three, his family moved to Lake Stevens, Washington. He graduated from Lake Stevens High School in 1997.
Pratt then dropped out of community college after half a semester and worked as a discount ticket salesman. He also ended up homeless in Maui, Hawaii, where he slept in a van and a tent on the beach.
He told The Independent, “It’s a pretty awesome place to be homeless. We just drank and smoked weed and worked minimal hours, just enough to cover gas, food, and fishing supplies.”
CHRIS PRATT BIO: AGE, EARLY CAREER, ‘PARKS AND REC’
At age 19, Pratt (born June 21, 1979, Chris Pratt, age: 38) was working as a waiter at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurant in Maui when he was discovered by actress and director Rae Dawn Chong. She cast him in her directorial debut, the short horror film Cursed Part 3, which was filmed in Los Angeles.
His first regular television role was as Harold Brighton “Bright” Abbott on the drama series Everwood. When Everwood was canceled after four seasons, he joined the cast of The O.C. for its fourth season, playing activist Winchester “Ché” Cook.
His breakout role was that as bumbling and slacker musician Andy Dwyer in the NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation, which co-starred Amy Poehler and Rashida Jones and aired from 2009 to 2015.
Pratt then went on to land minor roles in films like Moneyball, (2011) in which he played Oakland Athletics catcher/first baseman Scott Hatterberg, Zero Dark Thirty (2012), in which he played a Navy SEAL, and Her (2013)
CHRIS PRATT BIO: ‘GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY,’ ‘JURASSIC WORLD’
Pratt eventually gained the lead role in two films in 2014: the Warner Bros. Pictures animated comedy The Lego Movie — in which he voiced the protagonist, Emmet Brickowski — and the Marvel superhero film Guardians of the Galaxy. Those movies ended up becoming the third-highest-grossing and highest-grossing flicks in North America of that year.
Pratt also hosted Saturday Night Live for the first time in September 2014, and mocked himself in the monologue for changing weight so often for many of his roles.
In 2015, Pratt landed the lead role as a velociraptors trainer in Jurassic World. He referred to this film as “my Star Wars.”
Pratt also played major roles in two 2016 films: the western The Magnificent Seven (a remake of the 1960s film of the same name) and the sci-fi romance flick Passengers alongside Jennifer Lawrence.
He reprised his role as Peter Quill/Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 in 2017, a character he will play again in Avengers: Infinity War (2018) and Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3 (projected 2020 release). Pratt will also reprise his role as Owen Grady in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018).
CHRIS PRATT BIO: MARRIAGE TO ANNA FARIS. DIVORCE
Pratt and his wife, actress Anna Faris, split in August 2017 after eight years of marriage and ten years of being together. The two met on the set of their 2011 comedy Take Me Home Tonight.
The couple — who were married in Bali, Indonesia in July 2009 — have one son, Jack, who was born in August 2012.
Faris recently offered marriage and miscellaneous advice in her book Unqualified, which was published on Oct. 24.
CHRIS PRATT BIO: EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW
Pratt sat down with uInterview in 2011 for an exclusive interview about his role as Oakland Athletics player Scott Hatterberg in the 2011 sports drama Moneyball, which is based on a true story. All questions were submitted by fans.
“The audition went well, except for they told me I was just too fat,” Pratt explained. It was “a bit of a shot to the ego. But I took the next few months to just really start slimming down. I kinda did it on spec — they didn’t promise me anything, but I thought that if that was the one thing that was holding me back, that hopefully they wouldn’t cast anybody else. And I just hit the gym really hard and dieted and did a bunch of working out and lost a bunch of weight, and luckily they hadn’t cast anybody.”
With regards to working with Brad Pitt, who played A’s manager Billy Beane, Pratt jokingly said: “I won’t say we’re best friends, but we are coworkers … so, pretty close.”
CHRIS PRATT: WEIGHT, DIET, RELIGION, NET WORTH
Pratt currently weighs 185 pounds, although his weight has fluctuated substantially after nearly every major role he has played. He reportedly lost about 60 pounds over a six-month period for Guardians of the Galaxy. (Before landing this role, his weight was close to 300 pounds)
Before this weight loss, Pratt gained around 60 pounds for his role as a lawyer in the 2013 comedy-drama Delivery Man, which co-starred Vince Vaughn.
After Guardians of the Galaxy, he lost weight again for his role in Jurassic World.
Pratt was raised as a Lutheran and eventually became a non-denominational Christian.
According to celebritynetworth.com, Pratt’s net worth is estimated at $40 million.
CHRIS PRATT: QUOTES
“You want to be with a girl who likes you for you. Just be yourself and forget all of the stuff you read in ‘GQ’ magazine.”
“I like to do ‘Garfield Mondays’: lasagna and napping in a box.”
“I’ve always been a little soft. I like to eat.”
Chris Pratt Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos News
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Bio: In Her Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Evan Peters Bio: In His Own Words — Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Jeremy Renner Bio: In His Own Words — Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Tobin Bell Bio: In His Own Words — Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Anna Faris Candidly Responds To Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence Cheating Rumors
- Kumail Nanjiani Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Anna Farris Reportedly Dating Cinematographer Michael Barrett
- Teen Choice Awards Overshadowed By Charlottesville Violence [Full Winners List]
- James Gunn Shares Bizarre ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Music Video Featuring David Hasselhoff
- Chris Pratt & Anna Faris Announce Separation After 8 Years Of Marriage
- Wong Kar-Wai Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Chrissy Teigen, Kim Kardashian, Michelle Obama & Other Celebs Celebrate Father’s Day With Sweet Tweets
- Chris Pratt Jokes His ‘Parks & Rec’ Alter Ego Should Replace James Comey As FBI Director
- Jennifer Lawrence Wears White Dior Gown To ‘Passengers’ Premiere
- Second Trailer For ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ Lands
- Sarah Paulson Bio: In Her Own Words [VIDEO EXCLUSIVE]
- First Teaser For ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2’ Has Landed [VIDEO]
- Chris Pratt On ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Sequel: “It’s Going To Be The Biggest Spectacle Movie Of All Time”
- Chris Pratt Shares Steps Of Putting Up Cross In Honor Of Easter Sunday
- Baby Velociraptor Egg The Perfect Christmas Gift For Dinosaur Lovers
- Jennifer Lawrence Got ‘Really Drunk’ Before Filming Sex Scene With Chris Pratt For ‘Passengers’
- Chris Pratt Runs In Heels On ‘The Late Late Show With James Corden’
- Chris Pratt Sang With Jimmy Buffett At ‘Jurassic World’ Premiere After Party
- Shane West Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos