YouTuber Jimmy “Jay” Swingler Almost Dies After Cementing Head Inside Microwave
A 22-year-old British YouTuber, Jimmy “Jay” Swingler, almost died after cementing his head into a microwave for a video.
Swingler runs the TGFbro YouTube channel, which has over 3 million subscribers, with his friend Romell Henry. The duo is known for their prank and challenge videos.
On Thursday the duo published a video with the title “I cemented my head in a microwave and emergency services came..(nearly died).” The video has already garnered over 3 million views.
In the video, which was filmed in Fordhouses, Wolverhampton, England, Swingler placed his head in a bag inside of a microwave and filled the microwave with Polyfilla. The YouTuber had an air tube to help him breathe while inside the microwave, but the expanding cement blocked his air flow.
Swingler, who describes himself as claustrophobic, began struggling to breathe and urged his friends to break him out of the microwave. The prankster repeatedly told his friends from inside the microwave, “I’m going to die,” and after 90 minutes of failed attempts to free Swingler, West Midlands Fire Service was called for help.
The department wrote on Twitter that it was “seriously unimpressed” by the prank. Simon Woodward, the station commander for the emergency service said in a statement:
A week of entertainment news in your in-box.
We find the news you need to know, so you don't have to.
While our crews were in attendance to this incident, they were unable to attend any other incidents. If we’re attending incidents that are YouTube videos where we have people that have been irresponsible, those crews are unable to attend those life-saving incidents. I’d like to remind everybody not to put their lives at risk for the sake of other people’s entertainment.
In a response video, Swingler bragged that his video had received global attention and was being covered by several major news outlets worldwide. “That’s how you know you’ve done something right on YouTube,” the unapologetic prankster remarked.
The charge of wasting the time of the fire and ambulance services would usually cost £650 ($830). However, as Swingler’s life was actually in danger, the West Midlands Fire Service decided they would not be charging him.
Leave a comment
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!