Rapper Shock G’s Cause Of Death Revealed: Accidental Drug Overdose
A case summary from a medical examiner revealed that the cause of death for Gregory Jacobs – better known as Shock G – was an accidental overdose of fentanyl, methamphetamine and alcohol.
The frontman of the rap group Digital Underground was last seen at a hotel in Tampa, Florida. On April 22, he was found unresponsive by the hotel’s manager who was looking for him because he missed his checkout time.
At the age of 57, the artist was pronounced dead at the hospital that day, though the reason was not immediately clear; a representative for the medical examiner’s office said the final autopsy had not been completed at the time.
The rapper’s death was confirmed on Instagram by one of the group’s co-founders, Chopmaster J.
Digital Underground was best known for their hit “The Humpty Dance,” which reached the top of the Billboard rap singles chart.
Shock G started the group in 1987. Rapper Tupac Shakur was featured in “Same Song,” where he rapped the final verse.