Spice Girl Mel B, aka Melanie Brown, has been granted a restraining order against her estranged husband, Stephen Belafonte. Brown accused Belafonte of physically and emotionally abusing her for years, according to TMZ.

The America’s Got talent judge filed for divorce from Belafonte in March, after 10 years of marriage. A judge has now granted Brown her request for a restraining order, requiring Belafonte to stay away from her, their daughter Madison, and Brown’s two other daughters from previous relationships.

Mel B Accuses Estranged Husband Of Domestic Violence

Brown had previously made horrific allegations against Belafonte that started from the beginning of their marriage. Her first allegation occurred in November of 2007, on the night of the Dancing With The Stars Finale. As Brown was getting ready at home, she says Belafonte placed both of his hands around her neck, began choking her and slammed her down onto the hardwood floors. She says she began to see a pattern emerge: whenever she achieved success of any kind, he would “beat me down to let me know he was in charge.”

In August 2012, the day before performing at the London Olympics, he punched her with a closed fist and pushed her down on the carpet. Her skin became “scabbed over the rug burns,” and so Belafonte forced her to tweet out that she injured herself by running on 7-inch Louboutin heels.

Brown also stated Belafonte had sex tapes of her and repeatedly theratened to release them to ruin her career. She also claims he forced her to “participate in sexual intercourse with him and random women” and he would often secretly record the encounters.

Mel B says she tried to leave him multiple times, but he “threatened me with violence and threatened to destroy my life in every possible way … destroy my career and take my kids from me.”

Brown also said Belafonte kept a gun at home, which he had been prohibited from carrying due to a domestic violence conviction involving another woman. The Dept. of Alcohol, Tobacco used a search warrant on Belafonte Friday night to raid Belafonte’s home.

In addition to issuing the restraining order the judge also ordered Belafonte to leave the family home in Hollywood hills. He went to the house late Monday afternoon and packed up his of his belongings.

Read more about:

Leave a comment