On Thursday, London’s top police official said that the city’s police department will not open an investigation on Prince Andrew, who has been accused of sexual abuse in a U.S. lawsuit made by Virginia Giuffre. The police department, however, said that it will review files it receives.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Cressida Dick, said that the police working with prosecutors had already analyzed the case twice before Giuffre – an alleged victim of deceased sex offender Jeffrey Epstein – sued Prince Andrew in a U.S. federal court this week.

“As a result of what’s going on, I’ve asked my team to have another look at the material,” Dick told LBC, a British radio station, “No one is above the law.”

Giuffre claims that Prince Andrew sexually assaulted her in 2001 at the age of 17; the prince has denied the allegations.

“We are, of course, open to working with authorities from overseas,” the police chief said on Thursday, “We will give them every assistance if they ask us for anything, within the law, obviously.”

Giuffre claims that Epstein forced her to engage in sexual activity with the prince. Her suit says that she had sexual encounters with Prince Andrew in London, New York and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The suit also said that the prince was aware that she had been trafficked by Epstein.

Read more about:

Leave a comment