‘Just Go With It’ Tops Justin Bieber Movie At Box Office
There was something for everyone playing at the movies this weekend, as both rabid Justin Bieber fans and Adam Sandler stalwarts came out in full force. Sandler’s marital comedy Just Go With It, costarring Jennifer Aniston, edged out the young pop star’s bio doc by less than one million in ticket sales. The animated fairytale Gnomeo and Juliet pulled in $25 million in its first weekend, followed by newcomer The Eagle, starring Channing Tatum, and The Roommate, which followed up its strong opening weekend thanks to Leighton Meester’s creepy turn as an obsessive coed.
Oscar hopeful The King’s Speech landed at number six. The Colin Firth-led period piece has grossed $93 million since its release 12 weeks ago, while Joel and Ethan Coen's Oscar-nominated True Grit came in at number nine, having amassed $160 million in only eight weeks.
Read below for full box office totals:
Title, Weekend Gross; Total
A week of entertainment news in your in-box.
We find the news you need to know, so you don't have to.
- Just Go With It, $31 million, $31 mil
- Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, $30.2 mil, $30.2 mil
- Gnomeo and Juliet, $25.5 mil, $25.5 mil
- The Eagle, $8.5 mil, $8.5 mil
- The Roommate, $8.4 mil, $26 mil
- The King’s Speech, $7.4 mil, $93.8 mil
- No Strings Attached, $5.6 mil, $59.8 mil
- Sanctum, $5.1 mil, $17.5 mil
- True Grit, $3.7 mil, $160.3 mil
- The Green Hornet, $3.6 mil, $92.3 mil
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.