Donald Trump stood by his comments about Megyn Kelly and denied his campaign was in trouble following the loss of advisor Roger Stone during an appearance on Meet the Press.

Donald Trump Stands By Megyn Kelly Comment

Trump called into the NBC Sunday morning show to discuss his latest controversy following Thursday’s GOP Debate. Following the Fox News debate, Trump criticized moderator and Fox News host Megyn Kelly for her question about his past sexist comments, saying that she had “blood coming out of her wherever.” The comments immediately went viral, with most interpreting them as a thinly veiled sexist attack, and caused him to be disinvited from the RedState Gathering this weekend.

When asked if Trump wanted to apologize for his comments, the Presidential hopeful said he did not, saying that “only a deviant” would see his comment as offensive. Trump insisted that he meant to say that Kelly had “blood coming out of her eyes and blood coming out of her nose,” an explanation he previously provided on his Twitter account.

“All I said was there was blood pouring out of her eyes and there was blood. And then I said, you know what, I’m going to get on to the next sentence because frankly I don’t have to talk about the blood coming out of her ears and her nose. It’s a very common statement,” Trump told Meet the Press.

Trump added that he would be a “fantastic” president for women, saying, “I have so much respect for women and I will help women in terms of their health issues.” Trump also refuted allegations that he had a trend of attacking women based on their looks, claiming that all the women he has trashed on social media or in interviews had thrown the first punch, saying, “When I’m attacked, I fight back. When I was attacked viciously by those women — of course, it’s very hard for them to attack me on looks, because I’m so good looking.” Trump went on to claim that he had been “attacked very viciously by these women,” adding that he considered his comments completely fair. “And frankly, we get back to the words political correctness. Am I allowed to defend myself? What they said about me was far worse than what I said about them,” Trump said.

Trump Loses Top Adviser Roger Stone

Trump also addressed rumors of strife within his campaign. On Saturday, it was announced that one of Trump’s top advisers, Roger Stone, had left the campaign. Trump claimed he fired Stone because “he wasn’t playing a role for me,” but Stone said that he was the one who decided to part ways with the campaign.

According to an e-mail obtained by Politico allegedly written by Stone, Trump’s advisor felt that, although he supported Trump’s message to ‘Make America Great Again,’ he had to leave the campaign due to the media circus created by Trump’s outlandish comments.

“Unfortunately, the current controversies involving personalities and provocative media fights have reached such a high volume that it has distracted attention from your platform and overwhelmed your core message. With this current direction of the candidacy, I no longer can remain involved in your campaign,” wrote Stone.

Meanwhile, Trump has been making the media rounds and is attempting to turn his image with women around by attacking Jeb Bush’s recent flub against women. When speaking about Planned Parenthood, Bush offered this offensive take on government funding for Planned Parenthood: “I’m not sure we need a half a billion dollars for women’s health programs.” Bush later acknowledged his error in a statement, claiming that he “misspoke” and meant to question the funding for Planned Parenthood specifically, not “women’s health programs.”

When asked about Bush’s statements calling Trump to apologize to Kelly, Trump told CNN that Bush was being hypocritical and likened Bush’s flub to Mitt Romney’s infamous “47%” video.

Read more about:

Leave a comment