Documentary filmmaker Alex Holder, who was subpoenaed by the House select committee investigating the January 6 riot, said in a new interview that a member of the Trump family was unbothered by the idea of violence in order to take back the 2020 election they claimed without evidence was “stolen.”

The Independent released an interview with Holder on Monday, who admitted that a few members of the Trump family were unfazed when he questioned them about their rhetoric causing violence. He also named Eric Trump specifically as someone who may have encouraged it.

Holder said he asked the third child of Donald Trump “about the potential danger of some sort of rhetoric and the sort of the belligerence, he felt that it was … fair game in that it … was sort of the equivalent on the other side of the political discourse.”

He added that Eric implied inciting violence could be the right thing to do “because the election was stolen.” Holder left the interviews worried about the prospect of election violence.

It is believed that Holder surrendered raw footage of his upcoming Discovery+ docuseries Unprecedented to the House committee last week, which reportedly captures events from September 2020 to mid-2021 and has several interviews with key Trump insiders.

Holder was also issued a new subpoena from the Fulton County District Attorney’s office in Georgia seeking the footage and his cooperation. The Fulton County DA is investigating Trump for attempting to get the state’s governor, Brian Kemp, and secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, to intervene in the Georgia electoral process for him.

The filmmaker’s attorney has indicated that Holder will be cooperating with this investigation, and he has already delivered damning potential evidence for this case publicly by saying on CNN that Trump called Kemp and Raffensperger “stupid” for refusing to budge on changing the election results.

Read more about: