Melissa Gilbert Absent From 'DWTS' Despite Improved Condition
Melissa Gilbert suffered a mild concussion during Monday night's performance on Dancing with the Stars and was subsequently taken to the hospital. Told by her doctor to take a rest day, Gilbert, 47, was therefore absent from Tuesday night's results show.
"Melissa is not here. She did suffer a mild concussion," host Tom Bergeron said. "On her doctor's advice she is taking a rest day and if they get through tonight she'll be able to compete going forward."
Dance partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy was on hand to represent the couple and to find out that they were safe from elimination. "I really do hope she's OK. She's a fighter, a trooper," Chmerkovskiy said Tuesday. "I'm looking forward to next week. She's looking forward to next week. But she's a little sedated so she doesn't know what she's looking forward to."
Gilbert, who starred in Little House on the Prairie as a child, complained of dizziness after she danced with Chmerkovskiy to the White Stripes song "Conquest." Fellow contestant Gavin DeGraw carried her out of the studio, where she was placed on a stretcher and taken by ambulance to the hospital.
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent