Bob Dylan Breaks Silence Over Nobel Prize
Bob Dylan, the legendary American singer-songwriter who won the Nobel Prize earlier this month, finally shared his thoughts about it in an interview.
The 75-year-old songwriter was awarded the prize on Oct. 13 “for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition.”
The singer stirred up controversy with his two-week silence after winning the prestigious prize. One member of the Nobel Academy in Sweden even labeled Dylan as “arrogant,” following his refusal to return the Academy’s calls. Some people were even questioning if he will accept the prize.
This week, Dylan called the Academy. “If I accept the prize? Of course,” he said. A press release was posted on the Academy’s website. “The news about the Nobel Prize left me speechless. I appreciate the honor so much,” Dylan said.
The Academy also disclosed that “it has not yet been decided if Bob Dylan will attend any events during the Nobel Week in Stockholm in December.” However, in another interview with The Telegraph, Dylan said he will “absolutely” attend, “if it’s at all possible.”