Thomasin McKenzie Biography: In Her Own Words – Exclusive Video, News, Photos, Age
Thomasin McKenzie is a New Zealand actress. She is best known for her roles in Old, Last Night in Soho and Eileen.
THOMASIN McKENZIE BIOGRAPHY: AGE, EARLY LIFE, FAMILY, EDUCATION
Thomasin McKenzie was born on July 26, 2000, in Wellington, New Zealand to director Stuart McKenzie and actress Dame Miranda Harcourt. She has one older brother and a younger sister, actress Davida McKenzie.
McKenzie graduated from Samuel Marsden Collegiate School in 2018.
THOMASIN McKENZIE BIOGRAPHY: CAREER
In 2012 McKenzie started her acting career with a small role in the film Existence. Two years later in 2014, she played Astrid in the film The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, which helped launch her career.
A week of entertainment news in your in-box.
We find the news you need to know, so you don't have to.
Some of her other notable acting credits include films like Leave No Trace (2018), Jojo Rabbit (2019), Old (2021) and Last Night in Soho (2021), the last of which she played the lead character.
For her role as Tom in Leave No Trace, McKenzie won Breakthrough Artist from the San Diego Film Critics Society, Breakthrough Performance from the National Board of Review and Best Breakthrough Performance from the Alliance of Women Film Journalists. For her role as Elsa Korr in Jojo Rabbit, McKenzie won Best Youth Performance from the Seattle Film Critics Society.
Some of McKenzie’s television credits include episodes in shows like End of Term, Bright Summer Night and The Cul De Sac. Her larger television roles include Pixie Hannah in Shortland Street, Lucy Lewis in Lucy Lewis Can’t Lose and Ursula Todd in Life After Life.
THOMASIN McKENZIE BIOGRAPHY: EILEEN
Premiering at the 2023 Sundance Film Festival, the film Eileen follows the titular character (McKenzie) as she works at a prison when a mysterious love interest, Rebecca (Anne Hathaway), joins the staff and things take a turn for the more dangerous.
In an interview with uInterview, McKenzie spoke about her character Eileen.
“My character has spent so much time in the prison that she worked at and it’s such a negative, not positive environment that she became quite immune to that,” she explained. “It was like she wasn’t really taking a lot in and when you’re in those situations you kind of find ways to protect yourself so I think that was Eileen’s downfall, that is the numbness that she had developed.”
Thomasin McKenzie was born on July 26, 2000.
Thomasin McKenzie was born in Wellington, New Zealand.
Thomasin McKenzie is 22 years old.
Thomasin McKenzie is 5’5″.
Thomasin McKenzie’s parents are director Stuart McKenzie and actress Dame Miranda Harcourt.
Thomasin McKenzie’s Instagram handle is: @thomasin.mckenzie
Thomasin McKenzie News
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Thomasin McKenzie On Playing Anne Hathaway’s Love Interest In ‘Eileen’
- Anya Taylor-Joy & Thomasin McKenzie Wow At ‘Last Night In Soho’ Premiere
- Rebel Wilson, Scarlett Johansson & Thomasin McKenzie Attend Premiere Of ‘Jojo Rabbit’
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: William Oldroyd On Directing Anne Hathaway In ‘Eileen’ At Sundance Premiere
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Shea Whigham On Working With Anne Hathaway In ‘Eileen’ At Sundance Premiere
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Marin Ireland On Rolling Around The Floor With Anne Hathaway On ‘Eileen’ Shoot
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Anne Hathaway Talks ‘Eileen’ At Sundance
- 2023 Sundance Film Festival Feature Lineup Announced
- Universal To Produce M. Night Shyamalan’s Two Picture Special
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ Movie Review Roundup: Wonderful Film On Difficult Subject
- Taika Waititi’s ‘Jojo Rabbit’ Wins People Choice Award At Toronto Film Festival
- ‘Leave No Trace’ Movie Review: Director Of ‘Winter’s Bone’ Returns With Another Story Of Life On The Edge
- Sundance Film Festival Releases 2018 Features Lineup [FULL LIST]
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.