Simon Pegg Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
Simon Pegg is an English screenwriter and actor best known for his collaborations with director Edgar Wright, actor Nick Frost and producer Nira Park, with whom he has produced three films with, jokingly referred to as the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy. He is also known for his work in the Mission impossible films and recent Star Trek installments. This Simon Pegg bio will allow the actor to tell his story in his own words.
Simon Pegg Bio: Early Life, Age
Simon Pegg was born in Brockworth, Gloucestershire, on February 14, 1970Stratford-upon-Avon College.
Simon Pegg Bio: Career, ‘Shaun Of The Dead,’ ‘Mission Impossible’
After graduating with his BA, Pegg appeared in numerous films and television roles, such as the Asylum, on which he also worked as a writer. He received significant recognition for the sitcom Spaced which he co-wrote and starred in. For his part he was nominated for the British Comedy Award as Best Male Comedy Newcomer.
He shortly began work on the Shaun Of The Dead, a romantic comedy set in a post-apocalyptic zombie-infested world. It was the first of three films which he would co-write with with director Edgar Wright, co-starred with Nick Frost and produced under Nira Park. The next two films were Hot Fuzz and The World’s End. After being asked about the recurring jokes about Cornetto ice cream in the first two films, he jokingly referred to the films as the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy and the name stuck as a promotional slogan.
Pegg has appeared in other commercial successes such as the Mission Impossible franchise. He plays Benji Dunn, a minor character in Mission: Impossible III, and a leading character in the subsequent Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol and Mission: Impossible-Rouge Nation.
He portrayed popular character Montgomery “Scotty” Scott in the 2009 Star Trek reboot film and in Star Trek Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond. He is slated to continue his space adventures with his role of Unkar Plutt in Star Wars: Last Jedi.
He also starred in Hector & The Search For Happiness, in which he plays the title character, a psychiatrist that goes on an adventure in hopes of achieving happiness. “He is in a place of calm dissatisfaction,” Pegg told uInterview about his character. “He’s sort of, I mean really it looks like he has everything, cause he’s really got quite a nice life and he’s pretty okay off. And he’s got a very beautiful partner in Rosamund Pike‘s character Clara, but all those things don’t amount to his happiness, which kind of goes to show that you know, that kind of malaise can affect anybody really. So, yeah, he’s just a bit confused. He’s a psychiatrist, and he should be making people happy, but he’s unhappy so he decides to remedy that with a gigantic trip.”
Simon Pegg Bio: Personal Life, Wife, Height, Net Worth
Simon Pegg married wife Maureen McCann in 2005 in Glasgow. Nick Frost was the best man at his wedding. Together they have a daughter, Matilda Pegg. Pegg is reported to be worth $20 million. He is height is 5′ 10” (1.78m) tall.
Simon Pegg Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos News
- Zachary Quinto Slams Kevin Spacey For Coming Out Only After Sexual Assault Allegations
- NYCC 2017: Scott Grimes & Adrianne Palicki On ‘The Orville,’ Seth MacFarlane [VIDEO EXCLUSIVE]
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Drops First Trailer, Fans Worried About Spoilers
- Anton Yelchin Statue Unveiled At Actor’s Grave In Remembrance
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Tickets To Go On Sale During Monday Night Football
- Halston Sage, ‘The Orville’ Star, Rocks In Red Alexander Wang Dress At The Fox Fall Premiere Party
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Is Welcome Return To ‘Star Trek’ Universe
- R2-D2 & BB-9E Will Soon Join Sphero’s ‘Star Wars’ Collection
- Star Wars Battle Quads Drones Will Provide Authentic Dogfights
- J.J. Abrams Chosen To Write & Direct ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’
- Colin Trevorrow Steps Down From Directing ‘Star Wars Episode IX’
- ‘Mission: Impossible 6’ Halts Production After Tom Cruise Breaks Ankle In Botched Stunt
- Daniel Craig Confirms ‘James Bond’ Role On ‘The Late Show With Stephen Colbert’
- Who Is Jodie Whittaker, The First Female Doctor Who?
- Martin Landau, Oscar-Winner & ‘Ed Wood’ Star, Dies At 89
- Carrie Fisher Appears In Behind-The-Scenes ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Footage [VIDEO]
- Billie Lourd To Inherit Entire Carrie Fisher Estate
- Han Solo ‘Star Wars’ Film Loses Directors Phil Lord & Christopher Mille Due To ‘Creative Differences’
- Carrie Fisher Had Cocaine & Other Drugs In Her System Days Before Death, Autopsy Shows
- ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ Trailer Released At E3
- ‘Star Wars’ Fandom Erupts After John Boyega Tweets ‘Spoiler’
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ First Trailer Released, New Show On CBS
- Chris Pine Delivers ‘Saturday Night Live’ Monologue, Spoofs ‘Star Trek’
- Mark Hamill Surprises Adam Scott on ‘Star Wars’ Day
- Celebrate Free Comic Book Day This Saturday, Find Participating Stores
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.