Matt Bomer Bio: In His Own Words [VIDEO EXCLUSIVE]
Matt Bomer is an American actor best known for is roles on White Collar, The Normal Heart and American Horror Story. This Matt Bomer bio will let the actor tell his story in his own words.
Matt Bomer Bio: Age, Early Life
Matt Bomer was born on October 11, 1977Webster Groves, Missouri. He was raised in Spring, Texas. Growing up he participated in community theater. He attended Carnegie Mellon University as part of the class of 2001 with a BFA.
Matt Bomer Bio: White Collar, Magic Mike, American Horror Story: Hotel
Matt Bomer was able to land a role on the soap opera All My Children shortly after graduation. He played Ian Kipling on one episode. His first significant role came shortly after. He played Ben Reader on Guiding Light, and would stay on the show for three years. He also had lead roles in Tru Calling, and North Shore. He starred in White Collar, for which he won a People’s Choice Award for favorite Cable TV Actor. After having a minor part in the fourth season of American Horror Story he landed a leading role in American Horror Story: Hotel.
He starred in the HBO film The Normal Heart about the AIDS crisis in the gay community, which was a critical success. For his role he won a Golden Globe Award, Critics’ Choice Television Award, Online Film & Television Association, and furthermore received a nomination from the Satellite Awards for best supporting actor in a miniseries or television film.
He has also stared in films like Flightplan, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, In Time, and Magic Mike. He also appeared in Space Station 76, a comedy set in a space station in the 1970s. Bomer self-described his character Ted to uInterview as, “the mechanic on this space station much like a mechanic who wants to fix everything; he’s just the kind of guy who leaves no deed left unpunished he’s trying to do the right thing do the best by his wife and their child. Just not working out well for him.”
Bomer was also part of the original Broadway cast of the Dustin Lance Black‘s play 8. The play re-enactments the federal trial which found California’s Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage, unconstitutional.
Matt Bomer Bio: Personal Life, Husband Simon Halls, Gay Activism
Matt Bomer is active in the LGBTQ community. For his activism he has received the New Generation Arts and Activism Award from the Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards for his work on HIV awareness and prevention. He’s also won the GLSN Inspiration Award.
Bomer is married his long-term partner, publicist Simon Halls, in 2011.Together they have he couple has three sons conceived via surrogacy.
Matt Bomer is 6’0” (182cm) tall.
According to published reports, Matt Bomer’s net worth is $9 million.
Matt Bomer Bio: In His Own Words [VIDEO EXCLUSIVE] News
- Kelly Ripa Celebrates Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame With Matt Bomer & Ted McGinley
- ‘Magic Mike XXL’ Cast Shares Reactions To Seeing Each Other Naked, Reveal Their Porn Names
- Channing Tatum Twerks At The L.A. Gay Pride Parade, Matt Bomer Dances Along
- ‘Magic Mike XXL’ Trailer Shows Off Stars’ Impressive Abs
- American Horror Story: Matt Bomer, Cheyenne Jackson Join ‘Hotel’; Jessica Lange Confirms Exit
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Production Begins With Channing Tatum, Matt Bomer
- Matt Bomer To Guest-Star On 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'
- Matt Bomer And Marisa Coughlan Talk ‘Space Station 76’ At SXSW [EXCLUSIVE Video Interview]
- Matt Bomer Responds To ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Casting, Change.org Petition
- Colin Farrell, Russell Crowe Horse Around
- Channing Tatum Is Sexiest Man Alive
- PHOTOS: Matthew McConaughey's Drastic Weight Loss
- 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Spoilers: Could Ian Somerhalder And Nina Dobrev Team Up Again?
- Matt Bomer Of 'White Collar' To Guest Star On Ryan Murphy's 'The New Normal'
- VIDEO: Who Is Jesse Tyler Ferguson's Fiance, Jason Mikita?
- Channing Tatum, Joe Manganiello Sound Off About 'Magic Mike' Sequel
- E. L. James Talks 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Casting, Criticism
- Channing Tatum On 'Magic Mike': Future Plans May Include Prequel, Broadway
- VIDEO: E. L. James' Husband Niall Leonard: Christian Grey Is 'A Mess'
- Ryan Gosling Cast In '50 Shades Of Grey,' Says E. L. James' Husband
- Bradley Cooper Talked Up For 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' — But Hasn't Read The Book
- '50 Shades Of Grey' Casting: Bret Easton Ellis Votes Against Matt Bomer
- Olivia Munn Defends Topless Scene In 'Magic Mike'
- 'Magic Mike' Star Channing Tatum Found Leg-Waxing Very Painful
- VIDEO: Channing Tatum Strips To The Village People
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.