Luke Evans Biography: In His Own Words – Exclusive Video, News, Photos, Age
Luke Evans is a Welsh actor and singer. He is best known for his roles in Dracula Untold, Beauty and the Beast and Echo 3.
LUKE EVANS BIOGRAPHY: AGE, EARLY LIFE, FAMILY, EDUCATION
Luke Evans was born on April 15, 1979 (Luke Evans: Age 43) in Pontypool, Wales to Yvonne and David Evans. When Evans was 17 he left school and moved to Cardiff to study under the singing coach Louise Ryan. In 1997 he won a scholarship to London Studio Centre and graduated three years later.
LUKE EVANS BIOGRAPHY: CAREER
Evans started his career on the stage in productions of La Cava, Taboo, Rent, Avenue Q and Small Change. It was thanks to his role as Vincent in Small Change that got him nominated for the Evening Standard Award for Outstanding Newcomer.
In 2009 Evans had his first role in a movie playing Apollo in Clash of the Titans. More of Evan’s movie roles include Owen Shaw in Fast & Furious 6 (2013) and Furious 7 (2015), Bard in The Hobbit trilogy, Gaston in Beauty and the Beast (2017) and Ebeneezer Scrooge in Scrooge: A Christmas Carol (2022).
In 2017 Evans won the Choice Movie: Villain from Teen Choice Awards for his role as Gaston in Beauty and the Beast. In 2020 he won The Man of the Year from Virgin Atlantic Attitude Awards.
Evans has released two albums from the label BMG. In 2019 he released “At Last” and in 2022 he released “A Song for You.”
Evans’ television roles include John Moore in The Alienist, King Merriman in Crossing Swords and Bambi in Echo 3.
LUKE EVANS BIOGRAPHY: ECHO 3
Echo 3 is Apple TV+’s newest action thriller created by Mark Boal. In the show, we follow the disappearance of Amber (Jessica Ann Collins) and the attempts to rescue her made by her brother, Bambi (Evans), and her husband, Prince (Michiel Huisman).
In an exclusive interview with uInterview, the actors described their research process when preparing for the show.
“For myself, I was just focused on sort of making sure I was primed for the moment of performance,” Collins said.
“I think by having [director] Mark [Boal] around though, Mark wouldn’t allow us to do anything without us having a real picture drawn from his experience and his knowledge, so we didn’t really need to know anything until the day we were actually there and preparing for the production,” Evans revealed. “Mark was there and we had ex-Navy Seals and Delta Force and we had knowledge coming from the horse’s mouth. There’s no better information than from someone who specialized in that world. Mark gave us everything we needed.”
“Our story is fictional, you know,” Huisman added. “It’s based on events that have happened and can very much happen again, but this is a fictional story.”
Collins also talked about their favorite moment on set.
“We spent a lot of this production apart,” she said. “We’re together at the beginning and then I go on this journey and they go on their journey. At the end, we went to this incredible location on the Rosario Islands. We were reunited but we were able to ride boats out to this extraordinary island and sit around together. We swam in our break and just acted like giddy children!”
Echo 3 is now available for streaming on Apple TV+.
LUKE EVANS BIOGRAPHY: PERSONAL LIFE
In 2002 Evans came out as gay, and while he has never hidden his sexuality, the public rarely identifies him as so. In 2013 Evans played the villain of Fast & Furious 6 and joked that people were often shocked when they realized he was gay.
From 2014 – 2016, Evans dated Spanish model Jon Kortajarena, from 2018 to 2019 he dated actor Victor Turpin and from 2020 to 2021 Evans dated art director Rafael Olarra.
At the UNICEF winter gala red carpet in 2022, Evans debuted his relationship with Fran Tomas. Tomas works in construction design and project management. The two are still in a relationship and post about each other on their Instagram accounts.
Luke Evans was born on April 15, 1979.
Luke Evans is 43 years old.
Luke Evans is 6’0″
No, Luke Evans doesn’t have any siblings.
Yes, Luke Evans is currently dating Fran Tomas.
Yes, Luke Evans is openly gay.
Luke Evans’ Instagram handle is: @thereallukeevans
Luke Evans’ Twitter is: @TheRealLukeEvans
Luke Evans News
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Luke Evans, Michiel Huisman & Jessica Ann Collins On Shooting In The Jungle For ‘Echo 3’
- Luke Evans Breaks Up With Boyfriend Rafa Olarra, Deletes All Photos From Social Media
- Luke Evans Wears Coach At Glastonbury
- Luke Bryan Announces 2023 Tour – How To Get Tickets
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Ed Skrein, Luke Kleintank & Roland Emmerich Explain How They Made ‘Midway’ Look ‘Absolutely Real’
- Chris Evans & Topher Grace's Surfin' Safari
- Lenny Kravitz Shows His Backside In New Year’s Post
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Prequel Series On Disney+ In The Works
- ‘Fast And Furious 9’ Reveals Shocking Post Credits Scene
- ‘Crisis’ Review: All-Star Cast Can’t Elevate Stale Opioid Drama
- WATCH: Second Trailer For ‘Fast & Furious 9’ Released During Super Bowl LV
- Gal Gadot Expresses Doubt On Returning To The ‘Fast & Furious’ Franchise
- Jennifer Aniston & Adam Sandler Are Filming In Milan
- Celebrities Send Festive St. Patrick’s Day Tweets
- Teen Choice Awards Overshadowed By Charlottesville Violence [Full Winners List]
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Blu-ray Review: Live-Action Adaptation Proves Heartwarming But Not Extraordinary
- MTV Movie Awards Sees Emma Watson Win First Gender-Neutral Acting Category [FULL WINNERS LIST]
- Emma Watson Wears Fairytale Dress By Emilia Wickstead At ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Premiere
- ‘The Girl on the Train’ Blu-ray Review: Emily Blunt Shines In Must-See Thriller
- Emma Watson Stars In New ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Trailer
- Stanley Tucci, Ewan McGregor Join ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Cast
- ‘Furious 7’ Review Roundup: Paul Walker’s Last ‘Fast’ Film Earns Glowing Reviews
- Disney Reveals ‘Mulan’ Live-Action Film In The Works
- Shayne Austin, Suspect In Holly Bobo Case, Found Dead
- 'Dracula Untold' Review Roundup: Epic Horror Film Flops With Critics
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.