Kevin Hart Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
Kevin Darnell Hart is an American actor, comedian, producer and writer.
He is best known for his roles in the films Think Like a Man (2012), Ride Along (2014), Ride Along 2 (2016), Get Hard (2015) and Central Intelligence (2016).
KEVIN HART BIO: AGE, EARLY LIFE AND CAREER
Hart (born July 6, 1979, in Philadelphia, Kevin Hart age: 38) was raised by his single mother, Nancy Hart, and has a brother, Robert. His father Henry was a cocaine addict who was in and out of jail for most of Hart’s boyhood. Hart used comedy as a means to escape this difficult family situation.
After graduating high school, Hart briefly attended the Community College of Philadelphia and then moved to New York City. Afterwards, he moved to Brockton, Massachusetts and temporarily worked as a shoe salesman.
He eventually pursued a career in stand-up comedy after performing at an amateur night at a club in Philadelphia.
Hart’s first stand-up special was I’m A Grown Little Man (2009). He followed this up with Seriously Funny in 2010, Laugh at My Pain in 2011 and Let Me Explain in 2013. The latter two shows were also released as features in movie theaters.
Hart grossed over $15 million from Laugh At My Pain, making it one of the year’s top-selling comedy tours.
In the 2000s, Hart played minor roles in comedies like Scary Movie 3 (2003), Soul Plane (2004), The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005), In the Mix (2005) and Little Fockers (2010).
In 2012, he had a small role in the film The Five-Year Engagement and also appeared in the romantic comedy Think Like A Man. He reprised his role in the sequel, Think Like a Man Too in 2014.
In 2013, Hart had a cameo as himself in the disaster comedy This Is The End starring Seth Rogen and James Franco, and also played a boxing promoter in Grudge Match, which starred Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone.
Hart landed his first major role in a film in the 2014 buddy-cop action comedy Ride Along, which co-starred Ice Cube and John Leguizamo. The film was a commercial success, so Hart reprised his role in the 2016 sequel, Ride Along 2.
In 2013, Hart co-created Real Husbands of Hollywood with Chris Spencer. The show follows Hart along with other married celebrities (each playing a comical fictionalized version of themselves).
In 2015, he starred in the films Get Hard (alongside Will Ferrell) and The Wedding Ringer.
In 2016, Hart co-wrote, co-produced and starred in the stand-up comedy concert film Kevin Hart; What Now? That year, he also starred in the action comedy Central Intelligence alongside Dwayne Johnson and voiced a bunny named Snowball in the animated film The Secret Life of Pets.
Hart has also hosted several ceremonies, including the 2011 BET Awards and the Comedy Central Roast of Justin Bieber in 2015.
In 2017, Hart voiced George Beard in the animated film Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie, which is based on the children’s book series of the same name by Dav Pilkey, and also starred in the fantastical adventure comedy film Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle alongside Johnson and Jack Black.
In 2018, Hart is slated to star in the comedy-drama film The Upside alongside Bryan Cranston and Nicole Kidman, and in the comedy Night School, which he also co-wrote and co-produced and that co-stars Tiffany Haddish, Rob Riggle and Ben Schwartz.
KEVIN HART: INTERVIEW ON THE FIVE-YEAR ENGAGEMENT
In 2012, Hart sat down with uInterview for an exclusive interview on his comedy The Five-Year Engagement, which was directed by directed by Nicholas Stoller and co-starred Jason Segel and Emily Blunt.
Fans submitted questions to Hart, including who he believed was the funniest actor on the set of the film, which is about a couple whose engagement continues to get prolonged after several family incidents interfere with their planned wedding date. Segel is known for being a funny man, but Hart chose said another co-star was more hilarious.
“I’m going to have to go with Emily,” he said. “Emily Blunt is beyond hilarious, man. First and foremost her personality is amazing, she’s so laid-back and it shines on set. She’s fun, she’s not afraid to laugh outside of takes, and I think that’s what makes her an even better actress.”
Hart also said there was a fair bit of improv used in the film.
KEVIN HART BIO: HEIGHT, RELATIONSHIPS, QUOTES, NET WORTH, CHEATING RUMORS
Hart is 5-foot-4 and weighs about 141 pounds. He married his first wife Torrei in 2003 and filed for divorce in February 2010, citing irreconcilable differences. The couple share two children, a daughter Heaven and a son Hendrix.
Hart’s mother died of cancer in 2007. He has mentioned her in several of his stand-up shows.
On August 3, 2016, Hart married Eniko Parrish near Santa Barbara, California. The pair announced in May 2017 that they are expecting their first child together, a boy. Hart’s wife accused him of cheating on her with Parrish.
Hart was arrested on April 14, 2013 on suspicion of drunk driving after his Mercedes nearly crashed into a tanker truck on a Southern California freeway. He failed a sobriety test and was booked for misdemeanor DUI. Four months later, Hart was sentenced to three years of probation after pleading no contest to one count of driving under the influence of alcohol.
According to published reports, Hart’s net worth is estimated at $120 million.
His Twitter handle is @KevinHeart4real, and his Instagram handle is @kevinheart4real.
“At the end of the day, I want to be part of the same conversation as Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Dave Chappelle, Bill Cosby and Richard Pryor.”
“I think the whole stigma of ‘black movies’ is slowly being lost. When you look at movies like ’12 Years A Slave,’ to ‘The Butler,’ to ‘The Best Man,’ to ‘Ride Along,’ to even ‘Think Like a Man’ from last year – these movies are just good movies.”
“On ‘Think Like a Man,’ they got the best out of me because they allowed me to bring my own cadences and opinions to the character that I was playing. I think we got the best of that particular character.”
Kevin Hart Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos News
- Musician Chris Young Donates $100,000 Towards Relief For Victims Of Hurricane Harvey
- Kevin Hart’s Ex Torrei Hart Says He Cheated On Her With Current Wife Eniko Parrish
- Ellen DeGeneres Makes History At People’s Choice Awards 2017 [FULL WINNERS LIST]
- ‘The Secret Life Of Pets’ Blu-Ray Review: Animals In Search Of A Story
- WATCH VIDEO: Jimmy Fallon And Kevin Hart Get Spooked In Haunted House
- Karen Gillan To Star In Upcoming ‘Jumanji’ Sequel Film
- Tim Griffin On ‘Central Intelligence,’ Working With Kevin Hart & The Rock [Video Exclusive]
- Kevin Hart & Dwayne Johnson At Central Intelligence Photocall
- Kevin Hart Plays Along With Woman Who Thinks He Is Chris Rock
- Oscars 2016: Kevin Hart Addresses Diversity During Oscars Speech
- Super Bowl 50: Kevin Hart Stars Overprotective Dad In Hyundai Ad
- Nick Cannon Posts A Congrats To Ex Mariah Carey And Fiance James Packer
- Kevin Hart And Ice Cube Help Conan O’Brien Give Crazy Driving Lesson
- ‘The Daily Show With Trevor Noah’ Premiere Recap & Review: Worthy Heir To John Stewart
- Gabrielle Union And Dwyane Wade Release Wedding Video Edited As A Romantic Comedy Trailer
- ‘The Secret Life of Pets’ First Trailer: Animation Does Cat Videos
- Justin Bieber Comedy Central Roast: The Best Jokes
- Kevin Hart Takes Selfie With Fans Before ‘Get Hard’ Premiere
- Justin Bieber Face Off Against Kevin Hart At Tennis Charity Event
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Audition Tapes Unearthed For ‘SNL 40’ Special
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Recap: Kevin Hart Hosts; Sia Performs
- ‘The Wedding Ringer’ Review Roundup: Latest Kevin Hart Comedy Disappoints Critics
- Kevin Hart Responds To Sony Email Hack On Instagram
- Kevin Hart Calls Out Jameis Winston During Florida State Visit
- Tika Sumpter Reveals She Never Saw The 'Gossip Girl' Finale
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.