Jeffrey Dean Morgan Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
Jeffrey Dean Morgan is an American actor best known for playing John Winchester/Azazel on Supernatural, Denny Duquette on Grey’s Anatomy, The Comedian in the 2009 superhero film Watchmen, and Negan on The Walking Dead.
He was born in Seattle, Washington, to Sandy Thomas and Richard Dean Morgan. Morgan played basketball at Skagit Valley College before being sidelined by an injury.
JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN BIO: AGE, EARLY CAREER, GREY’S ANATOMY
Jeffrey Dean Morgan (born April 22, 1966, Jeffrey Dean Morgan age: 51) made his feature film debut in Uncaged in 1991, although he became most famous for his television work in the 2000s.
In 2005 and 2006, Morgan starred in three different TV series: Supernatural, Grey’s Anatomy and Weeds.
He also guest-starred on several other TV series, including The O.C., ER, CSI and Monk.
JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN BIO: WATCHMEN, THE WALKING DEAD
Morgan then starred in films like the romantic comedy The Accidental Husband (2008) alongside Uma Thurman and Colin Firth and the thriller The Resident (2011) opposite Hilary Swank.
Morgan played a main role in the 2009 superhero film Watchmen, based on the comic book series of the same name by Alan Moore. In it, he played anti-hero Edward Blake/The Comedian.
He also had starring roles in The Losers (2010), Taking Woodstock (2009) and The Possession (2012).
More recently, he starred in the 2015 thrillers Solace and Heist, as well as the 2016 thriller Desierto opposite Mexican actor Gael Garcia Bernal.
Since 2016, Morgan has been playing Saviors leader Negan on the AMC zombie-themed television series The Waking Dead, and has also been a series regular on the legal drama The Good Wife since 2015. He stars as investigator Jason Crouse in the latter.
He is set to star in the 2018 action-adventure monster film Rampage alongside Dwayne Johnson, Naomie Harris, Malin Akerman and Joe Manganiello.
JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN: INTERVIEW ON THE POSSESSION
Morgan sat down with uInterview in 2012 to answer fan questions about his supernatural horror film The Possession alongside his co-star Natasha Calis. The film is about a couple whose daughter becomes obsessed with an antique wooden box that contains an evil force. Calis plays Morgan’s daughter in the film.
Morgan and Calis both said neither of them had heard of the legend behind the box shown in the film.
“No, but with the script came some research that [director] Ole [Bornedal] and Lionsgate sent with the script, describing where the property came from and what the story was based on, which is an L.A. Times article that went back to 2002 where this box was for sale on eBay and the owner of the box chronicled in great detail the horrible things that happened to his family, and then we did our own research. But going in, we went in blind.”
Morgan added — in response to another fan’s question — that he is interested in directing but not writing. “I’m not a control freak, but I do want to have more control. Does that make sense?” he said with a laugh.
JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN BIO: QUOTES, NET WORTH, FUN FACTS
“The only reason I went to college was to play basketball. I injured my knee and couldn’t play.”
“Sometimes in TV, it can get really stale, especially if you’re doing these 23-episode years. It’s a lot of work, and to put your family through that, on a location, is not always the greatest thing in the world.”
“I can’t say enough about Ireland. I can’t. I’d move there.”
“I would bend over backward to be back on Grey’s. Any day, I’ll choose lying in bed with Katherine Heigl looking over me over getting thrown against walls by supernatural persons at 5 in the morning.”
“I’ve got a stack of the ‘Walking Dead’ comic books next to my bed here.”
“The work I’m doing on ‘Watchmen’ is mind bending and physically just hard.”
Morgan has an estimated net worth of $8 million, according to published reports.
JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN BIO: GIRLFRIENDS, DATING, HILARIE BURTON
In 2007, he was briefly engaged to his Weeds co-star Mary Louise Parker, but their engagement ended in April 2008.
He has been dating actress Hilarie Burton since 2009. The couple share one child, a seven-year-old son.
In September 2017, it was announced Morgan and Burton — who made their home on a farm in Rhinebeck, New York — are expecting their second child, a girl.
Morgan and actor friend Paul Rudd have co-owned a candy store in Rhinebeck called Samuel’s Sweet Shop since 2014. The pair saved the shop from closing after its previous owner, a friend of theirs, died.
Morgan is 6’2″ and weights 183 pounds.
Jeffrey Dean Morgan Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos News
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Bio: In Her Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Evan Peters Bio: In His Own Words — Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Jeremy Renner Bio: In His Own Words — Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Tobin Bell Bio: In His Own Words — Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Chris Pratt Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Kumail Nanjiani Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 8 Premiere Recap: Rick Ready For War With Negan
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Spoilers: Season 8 Midseason Finale “To Be Fire!”
- Wong Kar-Wai Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- ‘Walking Dead’ Synopsis, New Photos For Second Half Of Season Seven Revealed
- Sarah Paulson Bio: In Her Own Words [VIDEO EXCLUSIVE]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Episode 3 Recap: Dog Food And ‘Easy Street’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7, Episode 1 Recap: Two Deaths Shock Audiences
- New ‘The Walking Dead’ Trailer Features Negan, Potential Spoiler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ News: Jeffrey Dean Morgan Promoted To Series Regular
- ‘The Good Wife’ Recap Season 7, Episode 18: Alicia Asks For Divorce, Peter Faces Indictment
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan Cast In ‘The Walking Dead’ In Villain Role
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan Joins ‘Good Wife’ As Series Regular
- Shane West Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Henry Rollins Bio: In His Own Words
- Billy Bob Thornton Bio: In His Own Words
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Peck Suffers Battle Wounds Filming 'Red Dawn'
- EXCLUSIVE: Jeffrey Dean Morgan Talks ‘Weird’ Occurrences On Set Of ‘The Possession’
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.