Jeffrey Dean Morgan Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
Jeffrey Dean Morgan is an American actor most famous for playing John Winchester/Azazel on Supernatural, Denny Duquette on Grey’s Anatomy, The Comedian in the 2009 superhero/dystopian film Watchmen, and Negan on the series The Walking Dead.
He was born in Seattle, Washington, to parents Richard Dean Morgan and Sandy Thomas. Morgan played football and basketball in high school, and then basketball again at Skagit Valley College before an injury ended his career.
JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN BIO: AGE, EARLY CAREER, GREY’S ANATOMY
Jeffrey Dean Morgan (born April 22, 1966, Jeffrey Dean Morgan age: 52) made his feature film debut in Uncaged in 1991, although he became most famous for his television roles in the 2000s.
In 2005 and 2006, Morgan starred in three different TV shows: Supernatural, Grey’s Anatomy and Weeds. He played Judah Botwin in the latter.
He also guest-starred on several other TV series, including The O.C., ER, CSI and Monk.
JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN BIO: WATCHMEN, THE WALKING DEAD
Morgan then starred in films like the romantic comedy The Accidental Husband (2008) alongside Uma Thurman and Colin Firth and the thriller The Resident (2011) opposite Hilary Swank.
Morgan played a main role in the 2009 superhero film Watchmen, based on the graphic novel of the same name by Alan Moore. In it, he played anti-hero Edward Blake/The Comedian.
He also had starring roles in The Losers (2010), Taking Woodstock (2009) and The Possession (2012).
More recently, he starred in the 2015 thrillers Solace and Heist, as well as the 2016 thriller Desierto opposite Mexican actor Gael Garcia Bernal.
Since 2016, Morgan has been playing Saviors leader Negan on the AMC zombie-themed television series The Waking Dead, and was also a series regular on the legal drama The Good Wife starting in 2015 until the show ended a year later. He starred as investigator Jason Crouse in the latter.
He also appeared in the 2018 action-adventure monster film Rampage alongside Dwayne Johnson, Naomie Harris, Malin Akerman and Joe Manganiello.
JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN: INTERVIEW ON THE POSSESSION
Morgan sat down with uInterview in 2012 to answer fan questions about his supernatural horror film The Possession alongside his co-star Natasha Calis. The film is about a couple whose daughter becomes obsessed with an antique wooden box that contains an evil force. Calis plays Morgan’s daughter in the film.
Morgan and Calis both said neither of them had heard of the legend behind the box shown in the film.
“No, but with the script came some research that [director] Ole [Bornedal] and Lionsgate sent with the script, describing where the property came from and what the story was based on, which is an L.A. Times article that went back to 2002 where this box was for sale on eBay and the owner of the box chronicled in great detail the horrible things that happened to his family, and then we did our own research. But going in, we went in blind.”
Morgan added — in response to another fan’s question — that he is interested in directing but not writing. “I’m not a control freak, but I do want to have more control. Does that make sense?” he said with a laugh.
JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN BIO: QUOTES, NET WORTH, FUN FACTS
“The only reason I went to college was to play basketball. I injured my knee and couldn’t play.”
“Sometimes in TV, it can get really stale, especially if you’re doing these 23-episode years. It’s a lot of work, and to put your family through that, on a location, is not always the greatest thing in the world.”
“I can’t say enough about Ireland. I can’t. I’d move there.”
“I would bend over backward to be back on Grey’s. Any day, I’ll choose lying in bed with Katherine Heigl looking over me over getting thrown against walls by supernatural persons at 5 in the morning.”
“I’ve got a stack of the ‘Walking Dead’ comic books next to my bed here.”
“The work I’m doing on ‘Watchmen’ is mind bending and physically just hard.”
Morgan has an estimated net worth of $8 million, according to published reports.
JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN BIO: GIRLFRIENDS, DATING, HILARIE BURTON
In 2007, Morgan was — for a very short time — engaged to his Weeds co-star Mary Louise Parker, but the couple split up around April 2008.
He has been dating actress Hilarie Burton since 2009. The couple share one child, a son born in March 2010. They then had a second child, a girl, in February 2018.
Morgan and actor friend Paul Rudd have co-owned a candy shop in Rhinebeck, New York called Samuel’s Sweet Shop since 2014. The pair took over control of the store in Dutchess County following the death of its previous owner, who was friends with the celebrity duo.
Morgan is 6’2″ and weights 183 pounds.
Jeffrey Dean Morgan News
- Supernatural’s Jeffrey Dean Morgan Gets Matching Tattoos With On-Screen Sons Jensen Ackles & Jared Padalecki
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan Confirms Negan Will Return for ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 8
- ‘The Walking Dead’ News: Jeffrey Dean Morgan Promoted To Series Regular
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan Cast In ‘The Walking Dead’ In Villain Role
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan Joins ‘Good Wife’ As Series Regular
- EXCLUSIVE: Jeffrey Dean Morgan Talks ‘Weird’ Occurrences On Set Of ‘The Possession’
- ‘The Walking Dead’Season Finale Recap: “Here’s Negan” Wins Fan Praise
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Airs Its First Episode Of Season 10C Early On AMC Premiere App
- Andrew Lincoln Expresses Regret About Leaving ‘The Walking Dead’
- Final Episode Of ‘Supernatural’ To Air Next Week
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season Finale ‘The Storm’ Doesn’t Go For Blood
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Showrunner Angela Kang On Shocking Ending Of Season 9, Episode 3: ‘Warning Signs’ [SPOILERS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 9 Trailer Debuts At Comic-Con
- Andrew Lincoln Confirms His Departure From ‘The Walking Dead’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 8 Offical Key Art Released [PHOTOS]
- MTV Movie Awards Sees Emma Watson Win First Gender-Neutral Acting Category [FULL WINNERS LIST]
- ‘Walking Dead’ Synopsis, New Photos For Second Half Of Season Seven Revealed
- Golden Globes 2017: When Do They Start? Who’s Nominated?
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Episode 3 Recap: Dog Food And ‘Easy Street’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7, Episode 1 Recap: Two Deaths Shock Audiences
- New ‘The Walking Dead’ Trailer Features Negan, Potential Spoiler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Spoilers, Fans Learn More About Negan
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Spoilers: Who Does Negan Kill?
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 6 Finale Recap: Negan Shows His Face, Kills One Of Rick’s Group
- ‘The Good Wife’ Recap Season 7, Episode 18: Alicia Asks For Divorce, Peter Faces Indictment