Emma Roberts Bio: In Her Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos, Age
Emma Roberts (born February 10, 1991; age 30) is the daughter of Academy Award nominee Eric Roberts and Kelly Cunningham; she is also the niece of Academy Award-winning actress Julia Roberts.
Emma Roberts Biography: Age, Childhood, Famly
Initially, her mother wanted her to lead a normal, everyday life, but early on Emma made it clear she wanted to go into acting as well. Her first role was at the age of 9, playing Kristina Jung, the daughter of Johnny Depp’s George Jung in the film Blow.
Emma Roberts in Unfabulous and Singing Career
Roberts received her first major break in 2004, cast as Addie Singer, the lead in Unfabulous which aired in Nickelodeon. The show ran for three seasons—as intended by its middle school setting—and was highly rated in the 10-16 audience. It spawned a made-for TV movie Unfabulous: The Perfect Moment and led to Roberts receiving a Teen Choice Awards nomination. During this time, Roberts also developed an interest and talent in singing. Her debut album was the soundtrack to Unfabulous which featured songs from the show and original work. Unfabulous and More proved to be a critical and financial success. Two of the singles off the album—“I Wanna Be” and “Dummy”—were later filmed as music videos. She would later lend her singing talents to animated movies: Ice Princess in 2005 and Aquamarine in 2006. By 2007, however, Roberts decided to return to acting, which was her first passion.
Emma Roberts Return to Acting
After returning to acting, Roberts was cast as the lead in both Nancy Drew and Wild Child. Not long after, she took steps to shed her Nickelodeon image by taking roles in indie films like Lymelife while also continuing to appear in family-friendly content like Hotel for Dogs and The Art of Getting By.
In 2011, however, Roberts was cast as Jill, the niece of Sydney Prescott in Scream 4. The role required a great deal of blood, yelling and pathos, and was a far cry from her Nickelodeon roots.
Emma Roberts Interview
Emma Roberts has twice spoken to uInterview. The first time she was promoting The Art of Getting By, a coming of age story set at the cusp of high school graduation. It was a joint interview, with co-star Freddie Highmore (Bates Motel) where they discussed the filming of the movie, the cast, and the great chemistry they shared. “We met a couple months before the movie in London and sat down and chatted,” she told uInterview. “Then once we saw each other on the movie we just got along really well. I think it’s a real unique chemistry we have on screen.” Her second interview was a solo one, where she was promoting her turn in Scream 4 which was as far from her formative girl-next-store roles as you can get. “Definitely. I mean, there are times where, you know, there is that energy and that adrenaline rush and you are scared,” she told uInterview exclusively. “And you have to really get the energy up and get there because otherwise, no one’s going to believe it.”
Emma Roberts Recent Roles
Roberts has been busier and more in-demand now than she has been at any other point in her career. She played a teenage runaway in the raunchy and financially successful comedy We’re the Millers before taking on darker roles in films such as Adult World and Palo Alto, and in television as a mass-murdering witch in American Horror Story: Coven.
Emma Roberts Relationships
Roberts dated Chord Overstreet from 2011-2012. Since mid-2012, she has been Evan Peters to whom she was once arrested for domestic violence after assaulting and to whom she is now engaged.
Emma Roberts, Age News
- Emma Roberts & Evan Peters Get Engaged
- ‘Harry Potter’ Reunion Special Mistakenly Used Old Photo of Emma Roberts Instead Of Emma Watson
- Harry Styles & Emma Corrin Spotted On The Set Of ‘The Policemen’
- Emma Roberts Gives Birth To First Child With Garrett Hedlund
- WATCH: Emma Roberts Blocks Mother On Instagram Over Pregnancy News Leak
- Emma Roberts & Garrett Hedlund Announce That They Are Expecting A Boy
- Movie Review Roundup: ‘Nancy Drew And The Hidden Staircase’ Is A Fresh New Take On An Age-Old Story
- Alex Pettyfer Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos, Age
- Evan Peters Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos, Age
- Brie Larson Posts Photo With Friend Emma Stone After Winning Her Oscar
- Emma Roberts Shines In White At ‘Donate A Photo’ Event
- Emma Roberts Wore Peter Pilotta To The Teen Choice Awards
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Recap: Alfonso Ribeiro, Sadie Robertson Are The Ones To Beat In Season 19 Premiere
- Julia Roberts Opens Up About Death Of Half-Sister Nancy Motes, Talks Life Outside The Movies
- Meryl Streep Calls Walt Disney A 'Gender Bigot,' 'Racist' While Presenting An Award To Emma Thompson
- 2023 Golden Globe Winners: ‘The Fablemans’ & ‘Banshees Of Inisherin’ Win Top Movie Honors
- ‘White Lotus’ & ‘Banshees Of Inisherin’ Lead With Most 2023 Golden Globe Nominations
- Harry Styles Plays Closeted Gay Police Officer In The Upcoming ‘My Policeman’
- 2021 Emmy Awards Nominations: ‘The Crown’ & ‘The Mandalorian’ Lead [Full Nominees’ List]
- Golden Globes 2019: Rami Malek Wins Best Actor For ‘Bohemian Rhapsody,’ Glenn Close Wins For ‘The Wife’ [FULL WINNERS LIST]
- Golden Globes 2019 Nominations: ‘Vice’ & ‘A Star Is Born’ Lead, Black Panther & Crazy Rich Asians Get Nods [FULL LIST]
- Zach Galifianakis Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Grammy Nominations 2018: JAY-Z Leads With 8 For Album ‘4:44’ [Full Nominations List]
- Armie Hammer Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Bio: In Her Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!