Daniel Radcliffe Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
Daniel Radcliffe Biography
Daniel Radcliffe was born in Fulham, London, on July 23, 1989. He is the only child of Alan George Radcliffe and Marcia Jeannine Gresham Jacobson—a literary agent and casting agent respectively. Both of his parents acted as children, and Radcliffe himself expressed a desire to act at the age of five. He made his debut at age ten, playing in a two-part adaptation of Charles Dickens’ David Copperfield for BBC One; Radcliffe played the titular lead.
Daniel Radcliffe Harry Potter
Director Chris Columbus happened to see Radcliffe in David Copperfield and wanted him cast as the lead in his adaptation of JK Rowling’s massive Harry Potter series. After several auditions, Radcliffe won the role. While Columbus didn’t stay for the entire Harry Potter film franchise, Radcliffe did along with co-stars Rupert Grint and Emma Watson. The film series was a massive critical and financial success, garnering over $7 billion in the box office over eight films. Despite some minor bullying when he was a young man at school, Radcliffe’s portrayal of Harry Potter was nearly universally adored. Rowling referred to him as “perfect.”
Daniel Radcliffe Filmography
While most child stars eventually fade into obscurity—largely because of being typecast, Radcliffe’s love of acting made him take several risks to keep himself fresh to audiences and producers. Immediately after production on the final Harry Potter film wrapped, Radcliffe went to the stage, performing in adaptations of Equus and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying where he received unanimous praise.
Starting in 2012, Radcliffe returned to the screen, this time in the horror film The Woman in Black, which was a moderate critical success, but did very well financially. After that, Radcliffe won much acclaim for his role as Allen Ginsberg in the Beat Generation biopic Kill Your Darlings.
Radcliffe can be seen in the series A Young Doctor’s Notebook where he stars as the younger version of Jon Hamm’s Mika; he’s also starring with Zoe Karan in the film What If (retitled from The F Word in the UK).
Daniel Radcliffe Interview
When Radcliffe played Wallace in What If, it was the first time he had taken a role in a comedy movie, something that somewhat flummoxed the young actor at first. In his interview with uInterview, he discussed the difficulties and the naturalism he needed to embrace to make the role his.
“On stage there’s a precision you can have about timing because it’s all in your hands,” Radcliffe told uInterview exclusively. “And on film, that’s all taken away. That’s in the hands of an editor and director. So, part of doing comedy for me was learning to just trust the director and not second guess myself and say whatever was coming into my head, and putting faith into the director that he would cut out all the unfunny bits and just leave me looking great,” Radcliffe said.
Daniel Radcliffe News
- ‘Harry Potter’ Star Daniel Radcliffe Responds To J.K. Rowling’s Transphobic Tweet
- Who Is Erin Darke, Daniel Radcliffe’s New Girlfriend? How Did They Meet?
- Daniel Radcliffe On Racism In Hollywood: “It’s Undeniable”
- Daniel Radcliffe Will Never “Close That Door” To Playing Harry Potter Again
- Governor John Kasich Asks “What The Hell Is Wrong” With Daniel Radcliffe For Being Atheist
- Edward Snowden Set To Guest Star In Daniel Radcliffe’s Off-Broadway Play ‘Privacy’
- Daniel Radcliffe Is Open To Returning As An Adult Harry Potter
- ‘Now You See Me 2’ Trailer Drops Promising New Tricks, Daniel Radcliffe & Morgan Freeman Star In Sequel
- Alan Rickman: Daniel Radcliffe Pens Moving Tribute To Late ‘Harry Potter’ Costar
- Jimmy Fallon And Daniel Radcliffe Battle It Out In ‘Water War’
- Daniel Radcliffe Performs “Real Slim Shady” At Karaoke, Blows Minds
- Daniel Radcliffe Becomes Nylon’s Receptionist For An Hour, Surprises Employees
- Maisie Williams Take Magical Selfie With Daniel Radcliffe, Hannah Murray & Jenna Coleman
- 'Horns' Movie Review Roundup: Daniel Radcliffe Horror Film Earns Mixed Notices
- Daniel Radcliffe Raps 'Alphabet Aerobics' On 'The Tonight Show'
- Daniel Radcliffe Stops By Marijuana Cafe In Amsterdam
- Daniel Radcliffe Dishes On ‘What If,’ Playing A Contemporary Character [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW]
- Daniel Radcliffe And Girlfriend Erin Darke Make Red Carpet Debut At Tony Awards
- Daniel Radcliffe Engaged To Erin Darke – Report
- Daniel Radcliffe Takes A Bow At 'Cripple Of Innishmaan' Premiere
- Daniel Radcliffe Says Harry Potter Won't Appear In Spinoff 'Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them'
- Daniel Radcliffe Avoided Talking To Katy Perry After Admitting He Has A Huge Crush On Her
- Who Is Daniel Radcliffe's Girlfriend And Co-star Erin Darke?
- Daniel Radcliffe Debuts 'The Woman In Black'
- Daniel Radcliffe Goes Public With Drinking Problem