Chris Pine Biography
Chris Pine was born with acting in his blood. Pine was born to actor Robert Pine and actress-turned-psychotherapist Gwynne Gilford. Additionally, his grandmother was actress Anne Gwynne and his grandfather the president of the Hollywood Bar Association.
Pine was born August 26, 1980, the younger brother of Katie his only sibling. He attended Oakwood High School and received a bachelor’s degree in English at the University of California at Berkley, graduating in 2002. He studied abroad as well, attending the University of Leeds for a year. Following his college graduation Pine studied acting at San Francisco’s American Conservatory Theater.
Chris Pine Star Trek
Though he had appeared in several movies beforehand, Pine got his big break when he was cast as James T. Kirk in Star Trek, the eleventh film in its franchise as well as reboot. At 28 years old, he was the youngest actor to take the lead in a Star Trek series or film, and was born after the franchise premiered. He reprised his role in the movie’s sequel, Star Trek Into Darkness. He beat out Mike Vogel for the part.
Pine was nominated for many awards for the film, including the MTV Movie Award for Best Breakout Star and the Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Fresh Face Male. He shared the Boston Society of Film Critics Award for Best Ensemble by a Cast with his costars, including Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana.
Star Trek director Bruce Greenwood told Uinterview exclusively about what it was like to work with Pine. “Zach Quinto and Chris Pine are very funny guys,” Greenwood said. “It was a laugh riot every day.”
Chris Pine Filmography
In addition to Star Trek Pine has appeared in dozens of films in both starring and co-starring roles. Some of his films include The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, Just My Luck, Smokin’ Aces, Bottle Shock, Unstoppable, This Means War, People Like Us, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, Into The Woods and Horrible Bosses 2. He is the fourth actor to portray Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan after Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford and Ben Affleck.
Pine has provided the voice for a few characters as well: Hanson Baldwin/Sgt. Bill Reed in Beyond All Boundaries, Dave in Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey and Jack Frost in Rise Of The Guardians.
Pine was up for the lead role in Green Lantern, TRON: Legacy and for the role of Jake Sulley in Avatar. It is rumored that he was considered for the role of Christian Grey in 50 Shades Of Grey. When asked about 50 Shades Of Grey, Pine said he would look into reading for the role “if it’s a good script.”
However, Jamie Dornan ultimately landed the role.
Pine has since starred in films like The Finest Hours, Hell or High Water, Start Trek Beyond and Wonder Woman, playing Wonder Woman’s love interest Steve Trevor in the latter. He will also appear in the upcoming fantasy film A Wrinkle In Time, which is based on the novel of the same name by Madeleine L’Engle, and will also next star in the historical drama Outlaw King.
Chris Pine On TV
Pine has appeared on a few television programs, including ER, The Guardian, CSI: Miami, American Dreams and Six Feet Under. He also appeared, uncredited, on an episode of Saturday Night Live.
He hosted SNL in May 2017 while promoting Wonder Woman, and was also nominated in 2016 for a Primetime Emmy Award for his voice-over work as Dr. Devizo / Robo-Dino in the Crackle animated series SuperMansion
He also starred in four episodes of the Netflix-original comedy series Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later.
Chris Pine Dating History
Pine has dated several women, including Iris Björk Jóhannesdóttir and some Hollywood actresses. Pine dated Sorel Carradine, Beau Garrett, Olivia Munn, Dominique Piek and Jasmine Waltz.
Pine is rumored to have dated Audrina Patridge, Nathalie Walker and Amanda Francis Horne.
He was most recently rumored to be datingThe Mummy’s French-Algerian actress Sofia Boutella after the two were spotted holding hands at the Coachella music festival.
Chris Pine Personal Life, Awards
Pine has stated that he is spiritual but identifies as agnostic.
On March 1, 2014, while filming Z for Zachariah in New Zealand, Pine was arrested by police near Methven after failing to pass a routine roadside breath alcohol test. He pleaded guilty to drunk driving on March 17, stating that he drank four vodkas at a local pub. Pine was disqualified from driving in New Zealand for six months and ordered to pay the country $93 in reparation.
Though Pine studied acting in San Francisco, he was accepted into the London Academy of Music And Dramatic Art. He was unable to attend because his lack of money.
Pine won the ShoWest Convention Award for Male Star of Tomorrow in 2009 and the L.A. Drama Critics Circle Award for his role in the play The Lieutenant of Inishmore.
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Gina Gershon On How She Stays Looking Young & Healthy At The Red Dress Collection Concert
- Jeffree Star Teases Fans With Mystery ‘NFL Boo’
- Ashton Kutcher Was ‘F—ing Pissed’ By Ex-Wife Demi Moore’s Memoir Detailing Three-Way
- Melania Trump Is Nowhere To Be Seen During Donald Trump’s 2024 Campaign
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Director Raine Allen-Miller On Rye Lane At Sundance Film Festival
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Susan Lucci Reveals How She Stays Looking So Young
- Jersey Shore’s Mike Sorrentino & Wife Lauren Welcome Baby Girl: ‘We’ve Got A Situation!’
- Court Documents Say Andrew Tate Raped Victim Twice
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Olivia Dudley On Working With Andrew Bowser On ‘Onyx The Fortuitous & The Talismans Of Souls’
- Ice Spice Releases New EP, Leads To “Princess Diana” To Trend On Twitter
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: ‘Twilight’ Star Ashley Greene On Feeling Sexy After Having A Baby At Red Dress Concert
- Ryan Bentley Charged With Murder After Dismembered Body Is Found In Barrel
- Rita Ora Shows Off Emerald Engagement Ring At Red Dress Collection Concert
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Cara Buono Reveals Her Favorite ‘Stranger Things’ Moment At Red Dress Concert
- Ivanka Trump Posts Romantic Getaway Photo With Jared Kushner After Reported Fight
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: ‘Selling Sunset’ Star Chrishell Stause On How She Stays Healthy, What Makes Her Feel Sexy
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills’ Kyle Richards Reveals Why She Gave Up Drinking At Red Dress Concert
- Beyoncé Announces 2023 ‘Renaissance’ World Tour – How To Get Your Tickets
- Pamela Anderson Reveals Kid Rock Dumped Her After ‘Borat’ Cameo
- Roseanne Barr To Return To Stand-Up After Being Fired For Racist Tweet
- Lizzo Announces 2023 North American Tour – How To Get Your Tickets
- Michael B. Jordan Plays State Farm Agent From Hell On ‘SNL’
- Roger Federer Goes Viral With Blackpink Photo
- Singer Tallia Storm Wows In Yellow Bikini During Barbados Vacation
- Marilyn Manson Hit With Another Rape Lawsuit – This Time The Alleged Victim Was A Minor
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!