Chris Evans Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
Christopher Robert “Chris” Evans was born in Boston on June 13, 1981 (age 36) and raised in Sudbury, Massachusetts.
His mother, Lisa (née Capuano), is an artistic director at the Concord Youth Theater and his father, Robert Evans, is a dentist.
Evans has two sisters, Carly and Shanna, and a younger brother, Scott, who appeared on the ABC soap opera One Life to Live. He and his siblings were raised Catholic.
He began his acting career in the 2000 comedy-drama television series Opposite Sex, and also went on to star in teen films like Not Another Teen Movie and The Perfect Score, and the crime thriller Cellular.
Evans enrolled in classes at New York City’s Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in Manhattan.
CHRIS EVANS BIO: MARVEL MOVIES
Evans first became famous by playing Johnny Storm/Human Torch in the 2005 superhero movie Fantastic Four based on the Marvel Comics, and its 2007 sequel Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.
He then went on to star in films like The Nanny Diaries (2007) and Push (2009), but ultimately became world famous by playing another Marvel superhero: Captain America/Steve Rogers, whom he played in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), The Avengers (2012), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) and Captain America: Civil War (2016). He will also play the part in Avengers: Infinity War Part I in 2018 and Infinity War: Part 2 in 2019.
uInterview sat down with Evans in 2009 for an exclusive interview about his roles in Fantastic Four and Push.
Very little green screen was used for the shooting of Push, so one fan asked Evans about how this affected the filming.
“It was great,” he said. “I mean, that was part of the appeal of doing the film. Paul said he just didn’t want to rely heavily on CGI. Paul — our director — didn’t want to use green screen as a crutch, so for the most part he had to really be creative with the camera. The use of these special abilities in this film were done live in front of our faces, so as an actor it just gives you a tangible world to play off of,” Evans told uInterview exclusively.
CHRIS EVANS BIO: FILMOGRAPHY
Evans also starred in the English-language South Korean/Czech post-apocalyptic sci-fi thriller Snowpiercer in 2013, and made his directorial debut with the 2014 romantic drama Before We Go, which he also produced and starred in.
He also starred in the 2017 Marc Webb-directed drama film Gifted opposite Jenny Slate and Octavia Spencer, about a little girl who is a genius.
CHRIS EVANS BIO: BEST QUOTES
“The point is that when I see a sunset or a waterfall or something, for a split second it’s so great, because for a little bit I’m out of my brain, and it’s got nothing to do with me. I’m not trying to figure it out, you know what I mean? And I wonder if I can somehow find a way to maintain that mind stillness.”
“If your goal is to be the biggest movie star in the world, a 10-movie contract is gold. It was never my goal. Up until now, I made movies – and I have a nice house, a nice car. I’m fortunate, happy and grateful. Life is good.”
“When I found out I had to take off my shirt in ‘Teen’ movie, I panicked and hit the gym. I was like, ‘It’s going to be on film, documented, for my children to see. I can’t be 140 pounds. I need to put on a little bit of muscle.”
CHRIS EVANS BIO: DATING HISTORY, GIRLFRIENDS
Evans has dated several Hollywood actresses including Slate, Jessica Biel, Amy Smart and Minka Kelly.
He was rumored to be dating Lilly Collins after the two met at a Vanity Fair Oscars party in February 2015.
He most recently dated Slate while filming Gifted but broke up shortly afterwards.
CHRIS EVANS BIO: PERSONAL LIFE, RELIGION, NET WORTH
Evans is a fan of the New England Patriots, and narrated the documentary America’s Game: The Story of the 2014 New England Patriots.
He is a supporter of LGBT rights, and though raised Catholic, has voiced great interest in the philosophies of Buddhism. His brother Scott is openly gay.
In February, he engaged in a Twitter feud with former KKK leader David Duke after President Trump nominated Jeff Sessions as U.S. Attorney General.
Evans’ net worth is estimated at $40 million, according to published reports.
Chris Evans Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos News
- New ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Trailer Features Captain America Cameo
- Chris Evans Unlikely To Continue As Captain America Following ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- Chris Evans, ‘Captain America’ Actor, Battles Former KKK Leader David Duke On Twitter
- Matt LeBlanc Signs Two-Year Contract To Host ‘Top Gear’
- Chris Evans Leaves ‘Top Gear’ As Matt LeBlanc Reportedly Seeks New Pay Deal
- Robert Downey Jr., Anthony Mackie & Chris Evans Strike A Pose At ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Premiere
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Blooper Reel Released
- Anthony Mackie And Chris Evans Debut New ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Footage At Disney’s D23 Expo
- Chris Evans’ Abs Steal The Show In ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’
- Chris Evans And Jeremy Renner Apologize After Jokingly Calling Black Widow A “Slut”
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Cast Plays Family Feud On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’
- Chris Evans Reportedly Dating Lily Collins
- Chris Evans Visits Seattle Children’s Hospital As Captain American With Chris Pratt
- Is Chris Evans’ New Love Former Costar Lindsey McKeon?
- Chris Evans And Chris Pratt Make Charitable Super Bowl Bet
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’s Second Trailer Hits The Internet
- 2015 People’s Choice Awards Recap: Betty White Is Named Favorite TV Icon [Full List Of Winners]
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer Released Early
- Chris Evans & Scarlett Johansson Hit Red Carpet At 'Captain America' Premiere
- Scarlett Johansson Films 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' With Chris Evans
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' First Trailer Released: Anthony Mackie As The Falcon, Sebastian Stan As Winter Soldier
- Chris Evans And Minka Kelly Split After One Year Of Dating
- Chris Evans Spotted On Set Of ‘Captain America' Sequel 'The Winter Soldier'
- Chris Evans & Topher Grace's Surfin' Safari
- Frank Grillo To Play Crossbones In Marvel's 'Captain America' Sequel
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.