Aaron Paul Bio: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, Photos, News
Aaron Paul Biography
Aaron Paul, best known at the co-star of the hit series Breaking Bad, was born Aaron Paul Sturtevant, August 27, 1979, the youngest of five children, to Darla and Robert Sturtevant, a Baptist minister.
Paul began taking acting seriously after the eighth grade, joining the high school theater department with the ultimate goal of acting for a living. He graduated a year early and moved to Los Angeles, where he worked briefly as a movie theater usher at Universal Studios in Hollywood.
Aaron Paul On ‘Big Love’
Paul won his first TV role in 1999, guest-starring on an episode of Beverly Hills, 90210. Throughout the years Paul appeared in several television shows, including 3rd Rock From The Sun, The X-Files, Veronica Mars and Bones. In 2006, Paul won his first recurring role on the HBO program Big Love, appearing as Scott Quittman 14 times over the show’s five seasons.
Aaron Paul On ‘Breaking Bad,’ Emmys
Paul became a household name in 2008 when he won the role of Jesse Pinkman on AMC’s highly-acclaimed series Breaking Bad. Though his character was originally set to be killed off in the first season, show creator Vince Gilligan decided that Paul had good chemistry working with lead Bryan Cranston, and kept him on as a regular throughout the entire series. The subject matter on the show is notoriously dark, which Paul says is a result of honest writing. “I think people aren’t afraid to write honest stories and that’s very exciting,” Paul told Uinterview exclusively. ”I think it’s a Golden Age in television and independent film.”
Breaking Bad was not the first time Paul had the chance to work with Cranston; Paul auditioned for the role of — though did not win — eldest brother Francis on Malcolm In The Middle, which would have had him playing Cranston’s son.
For his role on Breaking Bad, Paul has won two Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series – he is one of five actors to win the award more than once. However, he didn’t expect to win either time and was caught unprepared. “I was convinced both times I won that I wasn’t going to win. The second time just to hear them call my name for a second time, it was a struggle to not break down and become a sobbing mess,” Paul told Uinterview exclusively. “I was convinced that Giancarlo Esposito was going to be up there or another nominee… it was so surreal.” Paul has also won two Saturn Awards for Best Supporting Actor on Television.
Aaron Paul In ‘Smashed’
In 2012, Paul co-starred in the film Smashed with Mary Elizabeth Winstead. For the film, in which he plays an alcoholic, Paul prepared by doing as his character did – drinking a lot. “I drank a lot more than I ever drank in my life,” Paul told Uinterview. “You know, I never went to college so this was kind of my college years all crammed into a couple weeks of preparation. But yeah, I drank a lot and I filmed myself drinking and I watched a lot of people on YouTube wasted. I would just type in ‘people wasted’ and you could find the most incredible YouTube videos. It’s very helpful.”
Aaron Paul Dating History, Wife
Paul has dated his fair share of Hollywood actresses. He dated Samaire Armstrong in 2001, Tamara Feldman from 2003 to 2008, and Jessica Lowndes from 2009 to 2010. In 2010 Paul met activist and director/producer Lauren Parsekian at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Annual Festival. They began dating a year later, and got engaged on January 1, 2012 in Paris. They married on May 26, 2013, and Cranston acted as a groomsman for Paul. The couple is notoriously mushy on Twitter and otherwise – when Paul won his 2012 Emmy, he thanked Parsekian for “looking at me the way that you do, you truly saved me.”
Though he was unprepared to win his Emmys, Paul did learn one thing from the experience. “It did tell me that, okay, I am going to be a crier at my wedding, and it’s going to be super embarrassing,” he joked to Uinterview.
Leave a comment
Aaron Paul News
- Aaron Paul Responds To Fan Criticism Of Netflix Movie ‘El Camino’
- Aaron Paul’s Wife Lauren Facing Infection From Breastfeeding
- Aaron Paul & Wife Lauren Welcome New Baby Girl With Touching Photo
- Aaron Paul And Bryan Cranston Reunite At NYC Event
- Aaron Paul Takes Wife Lauren Parsekian For A Spin In His Vintage Car
- Aaron Paul Takes Down Barbie In Twitter Rant Against Toys R Us
- What Is The Kind Campaign? Aaron Paul Plugs Wife's Charity During Emmys Acceptance Speech
- 'Need For Speed' Review Roundup: Aaron Paul Vehicle Slammed By Critics
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Recap: 'Breaking Bad’s Aaron Paul Steals Show, 6 New Cast Members Debut
- 'Mythbusters' To Air Special 'Breaking Bad' Episode With Guests Aaron Paul And Vince Gilligan
- Aaron Paul Greets Hollywood Tour Group, Talks ‘Breaking Bad’ Final Season
- Aaron Paul Weds Lauren Paresekian
- EXCLUSIVE: Aaron Paul On Preparing For 'Smashed': 'I Drank A Lot'
- FIRST LOOK: Bryan Cranston And Aaron Paul Behind The Scenes On 'Breaking Bad' Season Five
- Aaron Sorkin & Paulina Porizkova Make Debut As Couple On Oscars Red Carpet
- Paulina Porizkova ‘Booted Off’ Hinge Dating App – Twice!
- Sarah Paulson Bio: In Her Own Words – Video Exclusive, News, Photos
- Rep. Aaron Schock Resigns From Congress Following ‘Downton Abbey’ Office Scandal
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Recap: Top 4 Amy, Fik-Shun, Jasmine And Aaron Perform For Final Votes
- Aaron Carter Beaten Up By New Kids On The Block Fans; Posts Selfie And Calls Out Jordan Knight
- Netflix To Release ‘Breaking Bad’ Movie Centering On Jesse Pinkman ‘El Camino’ In October [TRAILER]
- ‘Stranger Things’ Millie Bobby Brown Deactivated Twitter Account After False Accusations & Cyber Bullying
- ‘Black Mirror’ Season 4, Episode 1 “USS Callister” Review Roundup: One Of The Show’s Best
- ‘The 9th Life of Louis Drax’ Review Roundup: Struggles To Win Over Critics
- ‘Star Trek’ Stars John Cho, Zoe Saldana & Zachary Quinto Mourn The Loss Of Anton Yelchin