Aaron Paul Biography: In His Own Words – Video Exclusive, Photos, News, Age
Aaron Paul, best known as the co-star of the hit series Breaking Bad, was born Aaron Paul Sturtevant, August 27, 1979 (age: 42), the youngest of five children, to Darla and Robert Sturtevant, a Baptist minister.
Aaron Paul Biography
Paul began taking acting seriously after the eighth grade, joining the high school theater department with the ultimate goal of acting for a living. He graduated a year early and moved to Los Angeles, where he worked briefly as a movie theater usher at Universal Studios in Hollywood.
Aaron Paul On ‘Big Love’
Paul won his first TV role in 1999, guest-starring on an episode of Beverly Hills, 90210. Throughout the years Paul appeared in several television shows, including 3rd Rock From The Sun, The X-Files, Veronica Mars and Bones. In 2006, Paul won his first recurring role on the HBO program Big Love, appearing as Scott Quitman 14 times over the show’s five seasons.
Aaron Paul On ‘Breaking Bad,’ Emmys
Paul became a household name in 2008 when he won the role of Jesse Pinkman on AMC’s highly-acclaimed series Breaking Bad. Though his character was originally set to be killed off in the first season, show creator Vince Gilligan decided that Paul had good chemistry working with lead Bryan Cranston, and kept him on as a regular throughout the entire series. The subject matter on the show is notoriously dark, which Paul says is a result of honest writing. “I think people aren’t afraid to write honest stories and that’s very exciting,” Paul told uInterview exclusively. ”I think it’s a Golden Age in television and independent film.”
Breaking Bad was not the first time Paul had the chance to work with Cranston; Paul auditioned for the role of — though did not win — eldest brother Francis on Malcolm In The Middle, which would have had him playing Cranston’s son.
For his role on Breaking Bad, Paul has won two Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series – he is one of five actors to win the award more than once. However, he didn’t expect to win either time and was caught unprepared. “I was convinced both times I won that I wasn’t going to win. The second time just to hear them call my name for a second time, it was a struggle to not break down and become a sobbing mess,” Paul told uInterview exclusively. “I was convinced that Giancarlo Esposito was going to be up there or another nominee… it was so surreal.” Paul has also won two Saturn Awards for Best Supporting Actor on Television.
Aaron Paul In ‘Smashed’
In 2012, Paul co-starred in the film Smashed with Mary Elizabeth Winstead. For the film, in which he plays an alcoholic, Paul prepared by doing as his character did – drinking a lot. “I drank a lot more than I ever drank in my life,” Paul told Uinterview. “You know, I never went to college so this was kind of my college years all crammed into a couple weeks of preparation. But yeah, I drank a lot and I filmed myself drinking and I watched a lot of people on YouTube wasted. I would just type in ‘people wasted’ and you could find the most incredible YouTube videos. It’s very helpful.”
Aaron Paul Dating History, Wife
Paul has dated his fair share of Hollywood actresses. He dated Samaire Armstrong in 2001, Tamara Feldman from 2003 to 2008, and Jessica Lowndes from 2009 to 2010. In 2010 Paul met activist and director/producer Lauren Parsekian at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Annual Festival. They began dating a year later, and got engaged on January 1, 2012 in Paris. They married on May 26, 2013, and Cranston acted as a groomsman for Paul. The couple is notoriously mushy on Twitter and otherwise – when Paul won his 2012 Emmy, he thanked Parsekian for “looking at me the way that you do, you truly saved me.”
Though he was unprepared to win his Emmys, Paul did learn one thing from the experience. “It did tell me that, okay, I am going to be a crier at my wedding, and it’s going to be super embarrassing,” he joked to uInterview.
- Revolutionary Fashion Designer Issey Miyake Dies At 84
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Garret Dillahunt Reveals Why He Loved Reuniting With Martha Plimpton On ‘Sprung’
- Willa Fitzgerald Biography: In Her Own Words – Exclusive Video, News, Photos, Age
- ‘The Unbearable Weight Of Massive Talent’ Blu-Ray Review: A Fun, Fast-Paced Buddy Action Comedy
- Angela Yee Departing Morning Show ‘The Breakfast Club’ For Solo Hosting Gig
- Duran Duran Land In U.S. For North American Tour Dates – Tickets & Info
- Taron Egerton Addresses Calls From Fans To Cast Him As Wolverine
- Trump PAC Pushing Voter Fraud Claims Paid $60,000 To Melania Trump’s Fashion Designer
- GoFundMe Supporting Woman Whose House Was Wrecked By Anne Heche Crash Fully Funded
- ‘iCarly’ Star Jennette McCurdy Says She Was Jealous Of Ariana Grande In New Memoir
- Kaley Cuoco Admits She Hit Rock-Bottom While Playing ‘Flight Attendant’ Character
- Rapper Young Thug Hit With New Charges In Georgia RICO Gang Case
- Madonna Reveals She Would Love To Collaborate With Kendrick Lamar
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Dustin Milligan & Elizabeth Lail On Working With Diane Keaton On ‘Mack & Rita’
- Mindy Kaling On B.J. Novak Fatherhood Rumors: ‘It Doesn’t Bother Me’
- Jared Kushner Seen In Minnesota For Cancer Followup Appointment At Mayo Clinic With Ivanka Trump
- Lady Gaga Hit In Head By Plushie During Concert, Fans Aren’t Happy About It
- Reese Witherspoons’ Son Deacon Phillippe Was ‘Real Pro’ On ‘Never Have I Ever’ Season Three
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Rock Out Shirtless In Las Vegas
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Lake Bell & Sarah Cooper On Relating To Their ‘Summering’ Characters
- Michelle Branch Arrested For Slapping Husband Patrick Carney After Announcing Divorce
- Anne Heche, Star of ‘Psycho’ Remake, Dies At 53 After Fiery Car Crash
- Novelist Salman Rushdie Stabbed Before Speech In New York
- Peter Jackson Says He Was Ghosted By Makers Of New ‘Lord Of The Rings’ After They Asked For Advice
- WWE Says Vince McMahon’s Personal Hush Money Payments Total $19.6 Million