‘The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills’ Season 8 Episode 1: “Stronger Than Ever”
Last season on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills drama followed the ladies as they jetted from Beverly Hills to Mexico and even to Hong Kong. With the introduction of two newcomers, Dorit and Eden, came several substance abuse allegations and the dreadful Pantygate drama. The tension among the women simmered all season long and eventually boiled over at Vanderpump’s “Diamonds and Rosé” party. Last season’s drama was so deeply rooted that the housewives were unable to resolve any of their issues during the reunion (remember the bunny feud?). This season we say goodbye to Eden Sassoon and Eileen Davidson (nooo Eileen!!) and welcome new housewife, Teddi Jo Mellencamp, to the cast. With last season’s drama unresolved and the introduction of some new blood to the group, this season of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is sure to be explosive.
RHOBH S8E1 Recap: “Stronger Than Ever”
Once again we take a familiar trip down Rodeo Drive to visit our favorite housewives in Beverly Hills. Season 8 opens with The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ breakout star, Erika Girardi, at her new office aptly named “Erika’s Clubhouse.” The international pop sensation acknowledges that her career has exploded since becoming part of the show. Recently, Erika competed on Dancing With The Stars, wrote a memoir titled Pretty Mess, and appeared in a holiday shoot for Paper magazine.
Erika isn’t the only housewife that has been busy during the off season. Lisa Rinna’s daughters, Delilah and Amelia, were both signed to IMG Models and have been constantly traveling for work. In preparation for an upcoming trip to New York City, Rinna and her girls get vitamin IV drips to keep from becoming rundown and sick.
Next RHOBH OGs Kyle Richards and Lisa Vanderpump meet for lunch and discuss a trip to Vegas for Erika, Dorit, and Rinna’s birthdays. Vanderpump is weary about bringing all the women together after the drama of last year, but Kyle refuses to exclude any of her friends. Kyle reveals that another OG BH housewife, Camille Grammer, will also be joining.
Later, new housewife Teddi Jo Mellencamp hosts a music class for children at her home and Dorit attends with her son Jagger. The ladies instantly click and Dorit insists that Teddi meet Lisa Vanderpump over their shared interests in horses. Meanwhile, Kyle arrives at Erika’s office and invites the “Exxxpensive” singer to Vegas. Not one to miss an opportunity, Erika commits to the trip and tells Kyle that she is ready to start over with Dorit, albeit slowly.
*fast forward past the bit where PigK whines to Dorit about how “horrible” Erika was to him during the reunion.*
At Citizen restaurant Teddi, Dorit, and Vanderpump meet for dinner and drinks. Vanderpump interrogates Teddi much like she did to Eileen a couple seasons ago, but Teddi seems unfazed by it. After Vanderpump and Dorit once again discuss the drama amongst the women, Teddi reveals that her birthday is the following day and is invited on the trip to Vegas.
*Side Note: I really feel like Bravo is trying to market Portia as a Beverly Hills’ version of Milania Giudice and they need to realize that it will just never happen.*
At the airport Dorit anxiously awaits Erika’s arrival but is surprisingly met with a warm reception upon her arrival. The ladies arrive at the hotel and Kyle reveals to Vanderpump and Camille that she bumped into Rinna’s husband, Harry Hamlin, while on a hike. She said Harry was cold to her and said, about the drama between Kim Richards and Rinna, “What’re we going to do about your sister? She obviously can’t be around this group ever, ever again.” Kyle feels weird about the interaction but isn’t sure if she should discuss it with Rinna. The episode ends with the ladies drinking in the presidential suite before their night out. Kyle gives Dorit prophetic advice to drink up before Rinna arrives just as a knock is heard at the door.
Next time on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills the ladies go clubbing and Camille shows off her iconic dance moves again. Erika and Dorit seemingly bury the hatchet as Teddi and Erika hit a snag in their relationship. Later Dorit confronts Rinna over the drug accusations she made against her last season. Tune in next Tuesday at 9pm EST for an all-new episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Housewives Side Notes:
- Has a TV show inspired by her childhood with her mother in the 70s called American Woman.
- Felt put in the middle of Rinna and Dorit’s drama.
- Has no idea what Dorit’s real hair looks like.
- Still hates turbulence.
- Would rather have a Pap smear, root canal, or enema than speak to Lisa Rinna about Harry Hamlin.
- Hopes Rinna learned her lesson last season and will no longer slander someone’s reputation.
- Reaches out to Erika a lot but never receives anything in return.
- Loves the name Teddi.
- Thinks Erika’s infamous dance move is called “Scratch the Puss”.
- Would like to see Teddi naked because she is a “tight, fit, little thing.”
- Releasing a new ballad titled “Missing Piece”.
- Says yes to everything.
- Is obsessed with banana leaves.
- Does the most shopping after she’s had a drink. Bought she and Mikey twin Chanel bags.
- Always likes her lips to be overdrawn, over wet, “DSL”s. – Google it.
- Has a rat in her house.
- Is a momager.
- Works harder on her daughters’ careers than on her own.
- Is still a hustler.
- Goes fast, she sucks that shit up. – Referring to IVs, people. Chill.
- Sees a big change in her son Jagger’s personality and is glad to see him talking more.
- Gives Teddi credit for hosting a music class with other moms that she has never met.
- Spent the last four and a half months in Miami while her house was being renovated.
- Believes that a walk-in closet can never be too big.
- Is worried about spending three days in Vegas with Erika.
- Claims she is the world’s most awkward dresser.
- Grew up as a professional equestrian.
- Met her husband on a one-night stand.
- Has a dry sense of humor.
- Didn’t grow up having things handed to her on a silver platter.
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!