‘The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills’ Season 7, Episode 9 Recap: “Harry’s Meat and Gatsby’s Fete”
Previously on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Erika Jayne performed in Mykonos, Eden expressed her concern for Kim’s sobriety to Lisa Vanderpump, and Dorit threw a party for PK’s 49th birthday. This week’s episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills sees Rinna hosting a backyard barbecue, Erika auditioning for The Young and the Restless, and Eden clashing with the Richards sisters at Kyles Great Gatsby party.
RHOBH S7E9 Recap: “Harry’s Meat and Gatsby’s Fete”
The episode opens at Mauricio’s Malibu listing where Kyle is planning her annual White Party. Kyle, inspired by the extravagant estate and The Great Gatsby, decides to make her White Party a 1920s themed event instead.
Next Rinna hosts a barbecue for the ladies, and unlike Kyle and Erika’s previous barbecues, hers is “a real one”. As the ladies enjoy their liquid libations, the atmosphere quickly sours as Eden expresses her issues with Kim to Kyle in front of all the other ladies. Eden explains that she felt that Kim was cold and closed off despite Eden greeting her with warmth and openness. Kyle dismisses Eden’s concerns and questions her perspective on the situation. The other ladies feel that Eden’s timing was poor and that she should’ve had an intimate conversation with Kyle instead.
Later Erika arrives at CBS studios for her audition for The Young and The Restless. After a flawless audition, Eileen tells Erika that the writers are going to create a custom character based on her performance.
The night of Kyle’s Great Gatsby party arrives and the ladies are decked out in their best 1920s inspired costumes. On the way to the event, Dorit leaks to Kyle that Eden called her Kim’s enabler, which infuriates Kyle. The drama between Eden and the Richards sisters continues the moment Kim arrives to the party. Eden immediately approaches the sisters and explains why she is inserting herself into their business. Eden becomes emotional when she sees Kim and Kyle because she sees herself and her sister in the two of them. Kyle addresses Eden’s enabler comment and Eden explains that she is not the only one of the ladies that believes that (See also Rinna).
Lisa Vanderpump arrives shortly after the conversation between Eden and the Richards sisters and notices something is off about Eden. Vanderpump approaches Eden and asks her what is bothering her. After yet another conversation about the Richards sisters, Vanderpump warns Eden that although they got off on the right foot, her “other foot will kick her in the ass” if she continues to go after Kyle. The episode ends on this ominous note as Eden looks taken aback by Vanderpump’s warning.
The preview for next week’s episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills shows the ladies taking a trip to Mexico where Eden tells Vanderpump (who later tells Kyle) that Rinna believes Kim is on a path of destruction and near death. Tune in next Tuesday at 9pm EST for an all-new episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Housewives Side Notes:
- Doesn’t know what absinthe is.
- Is a perfectionist.
- Going to start charging Eden $200/hr for her therapy sessions.
- Started out liking Eden, but is not quite fond of her anymore.
- Loves to make an entrance.
- Would never miss one of Kyle’s parties.
- Needs a reprieve from the ladies from time to time.
- Will not let Eden speak negatively about Kyle.
- Was excited to taste Harry Hamlin’s meat.
- Is protective of Kim and is rooting for her sobriety.
- Will probably never trust anyone 100%.
- Her barbecue was a festival of butts and penises.
- Thinks Harry Hamlin is the sexiest man alive.
- Believes Eden says things for shock value sometimes.
- Wants a toned body but doesn’t want to work for it. – SAME.
- PK refers to Rinna and Eileen as the Muppets on the balcony, Statler and Waldorf, but glamorous.
- Is just a visitor in her kitchen but knows where her pills are.
- Harry Hamlin is an expert pie maker and had a pie-off with Cindy Crawford once.
- Wore the same costume she wore to Kris Jenner’s 1920s party.
- Thinks Mauricio’s Malibu listing is one of the most beautiful properties she has ever seen.
- Thinks Erika is a natural in front of the camera.
- Says Erika takes direction well and is a great listening.
- Loves being on TV because it comes in handy for costume parties.
- Is not real big on ‘porta potties’.
- Thinks Kim’s lack of openness is a red flag.
- Wishes someone spoke to her and her sister like she is trying to do for the Richards sisters.
- Likes to give long, awkward hugs.
- Wanted to fill Rinna’s “bottle of love” with chlorophyll water.