‘The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ Season 7, Episode 17 Recap: “From Dogs to Diamonds”
Previously on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, the women traveled to Hong Kong to support Lisa Vanderpump’s efforts in stopping the Yulin Dog Meat Festival. While in Hong Kong fireworks erupted between Dorit and some of the other housewives. Despite a visit to a giant Buddha statue, tensions boiled over again at dinner where Rinna accused Dorit and her guests of doing cocaine at Dorit’s dinner party. This week’s episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills sees the fallout of Rinna’s accusation and the housewives returning to Beverly Hills and attending Vanderpump’s “Diamonds and Rosé” party.
RHOBH S7E17 Recap: “From Dogs to Diamonds”
The episode opens amid shocked faces after Rinna asked Dorit if she and her houseguests were doing cocaine during Dorit’s dinner party. Kyle and Lisa Vanderpump chastise Rinna for her accusation, but Rinna points out that Dorit intimated that she had a drug problem first. The squabbling between the women continues until the housewives decide to call it a night. On the ride back to the hotel, Lisa Vanderpump consoles Dorit while also discrediting Rinna’s integrity. Lisa also seizes this opportunity to discredit Rinna’s allegations of her last season.
The following day Rinna leaves Hong Kong for QVC and the women engage in some retail therapy. After shopping through the tension, the women visit a dog sanctuary to see some of the dogs that were rescued from the Yulin Festival. All of the dogs at the sanctuary were rescued from meat trucks and some of them will be ambassadors for Lisa Vanderpump’s cause.
The ladies return to Beverly Hills and Erika, Eileen, and Kyle meet for lunch. The women discuss the drama in Hong Kong and Erika apologizes to Eileen for her meltdown. The two women make amends and America’s favorite BFFs are back on the same page (thank god). The scene then cuts to Dorit and PK who are also discussing Hong Kong. PK again involves himself in the women’s drama, calling Rinna a schizophrenic and mocking Erika’s marriage and display of emotion. The Kemsleys’ modus operandi is to make comments about the women but feign ignorance and innocence when met with retaliation. Rinna and Erika are keen on how the Kemsleys work and refuse to stand for it any longer, as seen by their actions in Hong Kong. With the four of them about to meet at Vanderpump’s party, sparks are sure to fly.
It’s now time for the “Diamonds and Rosé” party and the women have a strict dress code to adhere to: diamonds, pink, and wedges. Erika nails the theme by wearing a wig dipped in rosé. Dorit, on the other hand, wears gold leaf in her hair and ends up looking like Viserys Targaryen after Khal Drogo pours molten gold onto his head (spoiler alert!!). Dorit’s son Jagger, who normally doesn’t express himself through speech, even vocalizes his dislike of her party look (drag her, Jagger).
As the ladies file in to Lisa Vanderpump’s twinkling pink backyard, there is a noticeable pink (per the theme) elephant in the room. This is the first time all the women have been in the same room together since Hong Kong and there is much to be discussed. The episode ends with Rinna arriving to the party and coming face to face with Dorit.
The preview next week’s season finale of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills sees the “Diamond and Rosé” party exploding with Dorit and PK, Rinna, Erika, and Eden all squaring off. Tune in next Tuesday at 9pm EST for the season finale of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Housewives Side Notes:
- Didn’t know what “mongrel” meant.
- Loves being on the set of her new show.
- Works hard on her show to earn the title of “Producer”.
- Thinks Rinna was a bit of a bitch to Dorit.
- Has been really disappointed in Rinna since last season.
- Thinks Eden should’ve bought her a ring instead of Erika.
- Is a size 6 in America but an XL in Hong Kong.
- Was happy Rinna attacked Dorit because turnabout is fair play.
- Thinks Dorit needs to prove to her that she is worth having a friendship with.
- Can’t understand why Rinna would make such an accusation about her.
- Finds Rinna to be unpredictable.
- Says shopping will always take the pain away.
- Thinks Dorit is bullshit.
- Doesn’t regret asking Dorit about cocaine because she deserved it.
- Wishes she could’ve stayed in Hong Kong long enough to go shopping.
- Believes that Lisa Vanderpump is the queen of low blows.
- Bought a bracelet in Hong Kong to make her feel better about being yelled at by Erika.
- Thought Erika did a wonderful job on “The Young and The Restless” and would like to see more of her.
- Loves Erika.
- Bought Erika a friendship ring.
- Specifically picked a rose quartz ring for Erika to heal her heart.
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!