What Time Is The Super Bowl 50 And 10 Facts To Impress The Guests
Tonight as the Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers face off in Super Bowl 50, fans across the country are gearing up their dips, sandwiches and coin toss bets. The game’s kickoff is at 6:30 p.m. EST on CBS.
Here are ten facts to impress your guests at your Super Bowl party:
- NFL has decided not to use Roman numeral “L” for 50 because it doesn’t look appealing.
- This is the first time it will be live broadcasted in Spanish on ESPN Deportes.
- A 30-second time slot for a commercial during the Super Bowl is $5 million dollars.
- A reported 1.25 billion chicken wings are eaten during Super Bowl Sunday.
- Half time show performers are not paid but “expenses and production” are covered, according to NFL spokesperson, Joanna Hunter.
- Coldplay, Beyonce, and Bruno Mars are set to perform the Halftime Show and other surprise guests are rumored to appear.
- This is first time Coldplay has performed at the Super Bowl, but Beyonce is the first female performer to make her second appearance.
- According to the American Gaming Commission, American’s will wager a total of $4.2 billion on Super Bowl 50. The AGC also predicts just $4.1 billion will be illegal gambling.
- The Panthers are traveling pretty far to get to the Super Bowl with a total of 2,680.6 miles from their headquarters in Charlotte, N.C.
- “When is Super Bowl 2016?” is one of the most popular things searched on Google.
Whether you are rooting for the Panthers or the Broncos, be sure to tune in for one of the most watched nights in television.