Categories: News

UPDATED: Charlie Sheen Released From Hospital

All is well … for now. Charlie Sheen was released from the hospital on Thursday night, his rep Stan Rosenfield confirmed.

After being rushed to the hospital on Thursday morning complaining of stomach pains, The Two and a Half Men star was treated for issues stemming from a history of hernia problems, Rosenfield added. Sheen will be back on the set of his hit comedy when its hiatus ends Tuesday.

Sheen's reality star neighbors, Adrienne Maloof-Nassif and her husband Dr. Paul Nassif, who star on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, called 911 when the actor took ill. "We did receive a call from Charlie's house this morning, asking for medical assistance and advice," the couple said to People in a statement, "and immediately insisted the caller dial 911. Dr. Nassif also immediately called 911. As longtime friends, we are obviously very concerned about his well-being. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family right now and we wish him a speedy recovery."

But despite the hospital visit and a previous incident in October, during which he trashed a New York City hotel room, Sheen himself doesn't believe there is a problem, according to friends. One friend, who confirmed that Sheen was partying prior to his hospital visit, told People, "He doesn't think he's going to die. He doesn't want to stop. In his eyes, he thinks, 'I'm having fun, so what? I'm making $2 million a week, the show has the best ratings, I show up for up work. What's the problem?'"

The friend added, "He loves the attention, he loves to shock people, he loves that he gets away with all of this. And he can because there are no consequences – that's the problem. It's who he is, like it or leave it. Maybe at 22, you're with five hookers, so what? But when you're his age and a father, it's just ridiculous."

CBS and WB executives, who produce Two and a Half Men, are equally worried about their star. Representatives from both companies reportedly approached Sheen recently to discuss delaying production on the show so that he could enter rehab, according to Entertainment Weekly. Sheen declined, which leaves the studio with few options as long as Sheen continues to work on schedule.

Sheen has yet to publicly comment on the hospital incident. —ISHITA SINGH

uInterview

Recent Posts

VIDEO: Researchers Stunned To See Octopus Hitching A Ride On Back Of A Shark

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UTnTQEk-dEU A research team from the University of Auckland was out studying feeding frenzies when…

6 hours ago

VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Oklahoma City Bombing Survivor Amy Down Shares Her Memories Of The Attack

"For the first time I looked around I could see and I just remember thinking…

7 hours ago

Meghan Trainor Comes Clean About Using Weight-Loss Drug Mounjaro After Persistent Rumors

At the 2025 Billboard Women in Music event on Saturday, March 29, Trainor told Entertainment…

9 hours ago

Meghan Markle Defends Her Numerous Business Ventures In Post-Royal Career: ‘I Need to Work’

​ Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, has addressed criticism regarding her numerous business ventures…

11 hours ago

Macaulay Culkin Says He Hasn’t Spoken To Dad In Decades: ‘I Think He Kinda Hated Me’

Culkin previously accused his father of emotional and physical abuse, an allegation that led to…

14 hours ago

Hunter Biden Agrees To Give Up His Law License In Washington, D.C.

Former President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, has agreed to surrender his license to practice…

16 hours ago