President Donald Trump said Sunday that the United States will not be paying for security for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after news broke that they have moved to Los Angeles, but the couple said they didn’t ask for any help from the government.

“I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom,” Trump wrote in a tweet. “It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!”

A spokesperson for the Sussexes said that the Duke and Duchess will not be asking the US government for any security. Their security will be privately funded, they said.

The couple moved to Canada earlier this year when they stepped back from their royal duties. Canada had been paying for some security for them during this time, but that funding was to run out on April 1, when the couple is officially set to step down completely from royal life.

100 CELEBRITIES WHO DIED IN 2019 – TRIBUTE SLIDESHOW

Harry and Meghan moved to Los Angeles earlier this month, before the ban on unnecessary travel went into effect on the border between the United States and Canada on March 21. A source told The Sun that the pair relocated to be closer to Meghan’s mother, who lives in Los Angeles. Others have speculated that the move was made to help Meghan’s Hollywood career.