'The Roommate' On Top Of Weekend Box Office
In the least-attended Super Bowl box office weekend in 15 years, The Roommate took in $15.6 million to win the weekend.
The Single White Female-type thriller, starring Minka Kelly and Leighton Meester, topped James Cameron's Sanctum, which followed a team of underwater cave divers and made most of its $9.2 million gross in 3D ticket sales.
The Natalie Portman–Ashton Kutcher romantic comedy No Strings Attached fell to third place, taking in $8.4 million, while Colin Firth's The King's Speech and Seth Rogan's The Green Hornet rounded out the top five.
Next weekend's release of the Justin Bieber 3D documentary Never Say Never should boost box office numbers, as it features fan favorites Bieber, Usher, Miley Cyrus and Jaden Smith. —ISHITA SINGH
A week of entertainment news in your in-box.
We find the news you need to know, so you don't have to.
Read below for full box office totals:
Title, Weekend Gross; Total
1. The Roommate, $15.6 million; $15.6 million
2. Sanctum, $9.2 million; $9.2 million
3. No Strings Attached, $8.4 million; $51.8 million
4. The King's Speech, $8.3 million; $84.1 million
5. The Green Hornet, $6.1 million; $87.2 million
6. The Rite, $5.6 million; $23.7 million
7. The Mechanic, $5.4 million; $20.1 million
8. True Grit, $4.8 million; $155 million
9. The Dilemma, $3.4 million; $45.7 million
10. The Black Swan, $3.4 million; $95.9 million
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.