Tessica Brown Goes Viral For Using Gorilla Glue On Hair, Spends 22 Hours In Emergency Room
Tessica Brown went viral over the weekend after posting a video warning others that Gorilla Glue should not go in your hair.
On February 3, the Louisiana resident posted a video to her Instagram account about what happened to her hair after spraying heavy-duty Gorilla Glue adhesive spray instead of her usual hairspray, Got2B. since she ran out.
“I didn’t have anymore Got2B hairspray so I used this, Gorilla Glue spray, bad idea, my hair don’t move. I washed my hair 15 times and it don’t move,” Brown said in the video. Her hair has been stuck like this for the past month.
On February 6, Brown shared a photo of St. Bernard’s Hospital in Chalmette, Louisiana, where she hoped healthcare workers would be able to remove the glue from her hair. She spent 22 hours in the emergency room with no luck. Healthcare workers ended up burning her scalp when they tried to use acetone and sterile water to loosen the adhesive, but her hair hardened again only moments later.
Gorilla Glue issued a statement on their Instagram account regarding Brown’s usage of the product.
“We are aware of the situation and we are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident that Miss Brown experienced using out Spray Adhesive on her hair,” the company wrote. “This is a unique situation because this product is not indicated for use in or on hair as it is considered permanent. Our spray desire states in the warning label ‘do not swallow, Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing.'”
“It is used for craft, home, auto or office projects to mount things to surfaces such as paper, cardboard, wood, laminate and fabric. We are glad to see in her recent video that Miss Brown has received medical treatment from her local medical facility and wish her the best,” they continued.
Brown raised $1500 on a Go-Fund Me page to help her pay her medical expenses.
After an unsuccessful emergency room experience, Brown is now looking into suing Gorilla Glue, stating that their products are misleading.