News

Sexual Abuse Charges Against Marilyn Manson Dismissed

A sexual abuse lawsuit filed against rock star Marilyn Manson, whose real name is Brian Warner, by an anonymous woman has been dismissed due to the statute of limitations expiring. In her filing, the woman alleged that Manson raped and sexually abused her multiple times during their relationship in 2011 and that her memories of the trauma had been repressed until this February when other women came forward with accusations of abuse.

The judge ruled that this explanation was “not sufficient to invoke the delayed discovery rule” and the suit does not fall into the maximum period of time allowed after an event where legal proceedings can be enacted.

The judge stated that the woman “alleges neither when the repression began — such as immediately after the events took place, or outside the limitations period — nor its nature or extent, such as what memories were repressed or the extent to which Plaintiff was prevented from recalling them,” according to court documents. Her initial filing was not specific enough to bypass the statute of limitations. The judge gave the woman 20 days to refile the complaints and address the concerns raised.

The anonymous woman’s attorneys Adam Wolf and Tracey Cowan fired back. “Marilyn Manson wants to silence our client about her rape.” they said in a statement. “He tried to use technical legal arguments to get her case thrown out altogether. The judge thoughtfully analyzed the case law, and rightfully held that her case can go forward, so long as she amends her Complaint to add some additional details. We intend to amend with those additional details very shortly, and look forward to the opportunity to make Manson answer for his actions.”

Manson is facing three other lawsuits by ex-partners and at least 15 women have accused him of some form of abuse. He previously addressed accusations on his Instagram, claiming that his relationships have “always been entirely consensual with like-minded partners” and that the allegations against him are “choosing to misrepresent the past.” He has not addressed the controversy since February.

XY Zhou

Recent Posts

After Elon Musk Slashes Her Child Support, Baby Mama Ashley St. Clair Is Forced To Sell Her Tesla

On Saturday, St Clair was seen outside her Manhattan apartment handing over the keys to…

8 hours ago

Hailey Bieber Claims ‘A Glitch’ Caused Her To Unfollow Husband Justin Bieber – Not Rumored Marital Drama

This mishap comes just a few months after Bieber also seemingly unfollowed Hailey on social…

8 hours ago

Mel Gibson’s Gun Rights To Be Restored After Trump Administration Intervenes On His Behalf

Actor Mel Gibson's gun rights will be restored following a ruling by the U.S. Justice…

9 hours ago

Comedian Russell Brand, Katy Perry’s Ex-Husband, Charged With Rape & Assault Of Four Women In U.K.

British comedian Russell Brand has been charged with rape, oral rape, indecent assault and sexual…

12 hours ago

Wife Of ‘Migrant Influencer’ Leonel Moreno, Who Promoted Home Invasions On TikTok, Says She’s Ashamed Of His Behavior In U.S.

Veronica Torres, the wife of the Venezuelan migrant, Leonel Moreno, shared in two social media…

12 hours ago

VIDEO: Researchers Stunned To See Octopus Hitching A Ride On Back Of A Shark

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UTnTQEk-dEU A research team from the University of Auckland was out studying feeding frenzies when…

1 day ago