Sean Connery‘s ashes are set to be scattered in his birth country of Scotland once COVID-19 travel restrictions have been lifted.

“We are going to bring Sean back to Scotland – that was his final wish,” Connery’s widow, Micheline Roquebrune, 91, told the Scottish Mail on Sunday. She said that although the former James Bond had lived away from his birth country for many years, his “final wish” was to return home.

Roquebrune had been with Connery when he died in his sleep in his home at Lyford Cay, Bahamas on October 31. He was 90. His widow confirmed his cremation is planned to take place on the island at a private service and some of his ashes will spread in the Bahamas. The rest of his ashes are to be spread in a private ceremony in Scotland, when travel restrictions are eased, though Roquebrune said, “We do not know when this will be possible.”

Connery’s official cause of death was not given, though the actor had been struggling with dementia in his later years.

Connery is survived by his wife and two children Jason and Stephane. Jason, 57, told the BBC that his father had been “unwell for some time.”

WATCH JASON CONNERY’S uINTERVIEW!

“We are all working at understanding this huge event as it only happened so recently, even though my dad has been unwell for some time,” he said. “A sad day for all who knew and loved my dad and a sad loss for all people around the world who enjoyed the wonderful gift he had as an actor.”