Remy Ma Bio: In Her Own Words
Remy Ma is an American rapper. She has performed and released albums both as a soloist and as part of the group Terror Squad. This Remmy Ma bio will let he rapper tell her story in her own words.
Remy Ma Bio: Early Life, Age
Remy Ma was born Reminisce Smith in the Castle Hill Projects in the Bronx, New York, on May 30, 1980
Remy Ma Bio: Early Career
Remy made in her music industry debut in Big Pun’s album Yeeeah Baby, which was released after the artist’s death. At that time, she took on the stage name Remy Martin. Following Big Pun’s death, Ma was taken under the wing of rapper Fat Joe, who signed her to his label under SRG and Universal and brought her into his group Terror Squad.
She was featured in the groups second album single “Lean Back,” which became a popular club hit. Her part in it earned her first Grammy nomination.
Remy Ma Bio, Early Solo Career
Remy Ma’s debut album, There’s Something About Remy: Based on a True Story, was released in 2008. It did no sell as well as expected with Ma blaming the marketing and promotions team at Universal for its lack of sales. She left the Terror Squad shortly after and broke her recording contract with SRG and Universal.
Remy Ma Bio, Assault Charges, Prison And Marriage
In July 14 of 2007, Remy Ma was was involved in an altercation with a member of her entourage. After an alleged theft of $3,000 in cash, she confronted Makeda Barnes Joseph and climbed into her car, brandishing a gun in an attempt to take Joseph’s purse which Ma believed to contain her stolen money. After a game of tug-of-war with the purse, Joseph was shot in the abdomen. Ma claimed the shooting was unintentional. Smith proceeded to drive away from the scene without calling emergency services.
In 2008, she was charged with assault, illegal weapons possession, and attempted coercion. She was sentenced to eight years out of a 23 maximum and served six of the, being released in 2014.
She married her fiance Papoose before her sentencing.
Remy Ma Bio, Career after Prison
Remy Ma joined the reality show Love & Hip Hop: New York in 2015.
She reunited with Fat Joe and released a join album titled Plata O Plomo in early February 2017. She has plans on releasing two more solo albums, Seven Winters & Six Summers and PunisHer. She also founded the group 3Sum, which includes Jackie-O and Shawnna and plans on releasing an album with them.
While eager to get back to the music business and produce music, Ma is not letting the pressure to get back to her former success get to her. “There’s no guarantee… there’s no right path to make sure you achieve success in this industry,” she told uInterview exclusively. “With me being away for so long, and with the industry being so fickle and everything’s about social media, and then one day it’s about something else, it’s really like a gamble.
Remy Ma Bio, Personal Life, Marriage, Children, Feuds
Remy Ma is married to Papoose. Combined, the couple has four children. Ma has a son from a previous relationship, Jayson. Papoose has three children from previous relationships. While focusing on her career, Ma decided to put off extending her family with more children for a while, although her husband Papoose seemed eager for a baby. “The fact that she was gone for so long, she really has a lot of catching up to do, so I understood it,” he told uInterview.
In February 2017, Ma suffered a miscarriage, which came as a tragic shock to the couple. Although mourning the loss, Ma has said she has thought of the use of in-vitro fertilization to expand her family in the near future.
Ma has had ongoing feuds with female rapper Foxy Brown, which often resulted in physical altercations. She had also been feuding with rapper Nicki Minaj prior to her prison sentencing, and more recently on social media.
Remy Ma Bio: In Her Own Words News
- Miley Cyrus Performs New Emotional Single ‘Malibu’ At Billboard Music Awards [VIDEO]
- Drake Breaks Record Wins At Billboard Music Awards 2017 [FULL WINNERS LIST]
- Mike Birbiglia Bio: In His Own Words [VIDEO EXCLUSIVE]
- Nicki Minaj & Nas Dinner Photo Ignite Dating Rumors
- Met Gala 2017: Nicki Minaj, Miranda Kerr, Celine Dion Among Best Dressed [PHOTO SLIDESHOW]
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Bio: In His Own Word [Exclusive Video]
- Jay Z Albums No Longer Available On Spotify, Limited Albums On Apple Music
- John Edward Bio: In His Own Words
- Emmy Rossum Robbed Of $150,000 Of Antique Jewelry From L.A. Home
- Rick Ross Disses Nicki Minaj & Birdman On New Album ‘Rather You Than Me’
- Celebrities Tweet In Celebration Of St. Patrick’s Day
- Nicki Minaj Takes The Stage With Drake In Paris
- Nicki Minaj Reveals Breast With Pasty At Paris Fashion Week [NSFW]
- Nicki Minaj Attends H&M Studio Show In Paris
- Nicki Minaj Glitters In Paco Rabanne At Paris Fashion Week
- Remy Ma Releases Another Diss Track About Nicki Minaj, Goads Her To Respond
- Linda Cardellini Bio: In Her Own Words
- Dev Patel Bio: In His Own Words
- Edgar Ramírez Bio: In His Own Words
- Remy Ma Suffers Miscarriage, Posts Stirring Video And Message
- Is Nicki Minaj Pregnant? Rapper Stirs Social Media Storm With Post
- Nicki Minaj Feuding With Designer Giuseppe Zanotti Cover Sneaker Collection
- Meg Ryan Bio: In Her Own Words
- Fetty Wap Threatens To Sue Ex-Girlfriend For Allegedly Leaking Sex Tape
- Nicki Minaj Confirms She And Meek Mill Have Broken Up
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.