Categories: NewsNews Feed

‘Prison Break’ Sequel Event Series Confirmed By Fox

Prison Break will be returning to Fox next year for a 10-episode event series that will bring back stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell.

Prison Break Event Series

Fox announced at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills on Thursday that the network would be giving Prison Break a second life in 2016, six years after the show went off the air after four seasons.

“I would describe it as a bit of a sequel. It picks up the characters several years after we left them in the last season of the show,” Fox Co-Chairman and CEO Dana Walden said at the TCA tour. “The brothers will be back. Some of the iconic characters from that show will be back. I don’t think [exec producer] Paul [Scheuring] knows exactly where he’s going over the 10-episode arc, but it definitely will address some questions that were set up at the end of the series for a new audience.”

“This is the pure vision of the creator of the show,” Walden continued. “It’s going to take a little bit of a detour from where we left off [with the straight-to-DVD coda], but it should feel very satisfying and event-ized. Fans will be excited about seeing these characters back together again.”

Asked about Miller’s Michael having to rise from the dead for the event series, Walden said, “What [Paul] pitched to us was a very logical and believable — in the world of Prison Break — explanation for why our characters are alive and still moving around the world.”

Incidentally, Prison Break stars Miller and Purcell are also costarring in DC’s new series Legends of Tomorrow. Miller is reprising his The Flash role of Leonard Snart/Captain Cold in the show, while Purcell will reprise the character Mick Rory/Heat Wave. Legends of Tomorrow will also star Victor Garber, Brandon Routh and Caity Lotz.

Chelsea Regan

Recent Posts

Macaulay Culkin Says He Hasn’t Spoken To Dad In Decades: ‘I Think He Kinda Hated Me’

Culkin previously accused his father of emotional and physical abuse, an allegation that led to…

2 hours ago

Hunter Biden Agrees To Give Up His Law License In Washington, D.C.

Former President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, has agreed to surrender his license to practice…

3 hours ago

Donald Trump Jr. Defended By Girlfriend Bettina Anderson Against Article’s Claim He’s A ‘Spoiled Heir’ & An ‘A——‘

Pointing out Anderson's previous liberal views, the article conceded, “Everyone understands why a smart girl…

7 hours ago

Virginia Guiffre, Jeffrey Epstein & Prince Andrew’s Accuser, Given Four Days To Live After Car Crash

Guiffre founded the non-profit SOAR (Speak Out, Act, Reclaim), an organization that provides support to…

17 hours ago

Kid Rock Appears In Oval Office Wearing Red Rhinestone-Studded Suit After Trump Took Exception To Zelensky’s Informal Attire

Singer Kid Rock, whose real name is Robert James Ritchie, appeared with President Donald Trump…

19 hours ago

VIDEO: Barack Obama Responds After Photobombing Family’s Cherry Blossom Pics – ‘My Bad!’

https://youtu.be/rClF_OLfxy8 A family taking photos in Washington, D.C., said they got a “family heirloom” picture…

22 hours ago