With wife Meghan Markle and President Donald Trump at odds, Prince Harry found himself in an awkward position as the U.S. president visited the royals.

Although most of his family put on a good face when greeting Trump, Harry appeared to do all he could to avoid the U.S. leader.

Harry did, however, mingle with Trump’s family, including his wife, Melania, and daughter, Ivanka.

The meeting came after Trump had branded Markle “nasty” because she called him “divisive” and “misogynistic” during his 2016 presidential campaign.

To make matters even worse, Trump previously said that he could have hooked up with Harry’s late mother, Princess Diana. Trump made the controversial comments back in 1997, shortly after Diana’s tragic death in France.

Given Trump’s statements about the two, it was probably a good thing that Markle is still on maternity leave. She was not able to attend any of the events because she gave birth to the couple’s first baby, Archie Harrison, last month.

50 CELEBRITIES WHO DIED IN 2018 – TRIBUTE SLIDESHOW

Harry also chose to skip out on Trump’s banquet Monday night. It is unclear why he was not able to attend the dinner, though his older brother and sister-in-law, Prince William and Kate Middleton, were guests at the event.

As for Harry’s failure to attend the state banquet, a spokesperson for Buckingham Palace maintained that royal family members covered the day’s events as a team. “[Harry] attended the lunch during the day and the Duke of Cambridge and the Duchess of Cambridge attended the evening event,” royal spokesperson Colette Saunders said.

Buckingham Palace has not issued a statement regarding Trump’s comments or Harry’s “snub.”