Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Sue Photographer Who Took Photos 14-Month-Old Son, Archie
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are suing for the “right to be left alone in the privacy of their home,” after finding that a photographer has been secretly taking pictures of their 14-month-old son Archie at their L.A. home.
According to legal documents filed on Thursday in California, where the couple has lived since January after stepping back from royal duties, a paparazzi photographer has allegedly been “shopping photographs” of Archie taken in the family’s backyard to make it look like he’s in Malibu.
“Archie has not been in public, let alone in Malibu, since the family arrived here. It is clear from a description of the photographs being shopped that they were taken of activities in the backyard of the residence, unbeknownst to [Meghan and Harry],” their lawyer said, according to E Online.
The suit aimed to repay damages to the couple, as well as give them the rights to the photos.
“Every individual and family member in California is guaranteed by law the right to privacy in their home. No drones, helicopters or telephoto lenses can take away that right,” the family’s lawyer Michael Kump said in a statement to various news outlets.
Markle has also been in a legal battle with The Mail On Sunday since 2019. The British tabloid that published a private, hand-written letter she had sent to her estranged father before her marriage. Since then, the tabloid has also threatened to publish the names of five friends of Markle’s who anonymously defended her in a People interview.
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!