Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle have started to shutdown their Buckingham Palace office, which would eliminate the jobs of most of its 15 employees.

Soon after Megxit last month, the couple let the office know it would be shutting down. Efforts have been made to redistribute employees throughout Buckingham Palace, but there won’t be room for everyone. There were open jobs for a few of the employees, but most were negotiating severance packages.

“While the details are still being finalized and efforts are being made to redeploy people within the Royal household, unfortunately there will be some redundancies,” a royal source told ABC News.

100 CELEBRITIES WHO DIED IN 2019 – TRIBUTE SLIDESHOW

This office closure comes as the couple has “stepped back” from working as members of the royal family. Harry and Meghan will no longer use their royal titles, nor will they receive any public funds. They said they will spend most of their time in North America, as their new home is in Canada, and will use their brand “Sussex Royal” to generate income. They appeared as speakers for JP Morgan on February 6, though it is unclear whether they were paid or how much. Prince Harry was also reportedly in talks with Goldman Sachs to become a paid speaker.

View this post on Instagram

“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment. We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages. This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity. We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.” – The Duke and Duchess of Sussex For more information, please visit sussexroyal.com (link in bio) Image © PA

A post shared by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) on

In another move towards independence, the Sussexes have not planned on attending the 60th birthday party of the controversial Prince Andrew on February 19.