President Obama’s Best Jokes From The White House Correspondents’ Dinner
As President Barack Obama took the podium for the last time as president at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, he cracked many jokes and literally dropped the mic when he exited.
PRESIDENT OBAMA’S 10 BEST JOKES
Obama took no prisoners as he celebrated the last time he would taking the spotlight. He poked fun at his wife, Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, the media, and his future after his presidency.
10. “My brilliant and beautiful wife Michelle is here tonight. She looks so happy to be here, it’s called practice.”
9. “Here we are, my 8th and final appearance at this unique event and I am excited. If this material works well I’m going to use it at Goldman Sachs next year. Earn me some serious Tubmans.”
8. “I love Joe Biden, I really do. I want to thank him for his friendship, his counsel, for always giving it to me straight. For not shooting anybody in the face.”
7. “In my final year, my approval ratings keep going up. The last time I was this high, I was trying to decide on my major.”
6. “In just six short months I will be officially a lame duck, which means Congress now will flat out reject my rhetoric and republican leaders won’t take my phone calls. And this is going to take some getting used to. It’s a curve ball… in fact for months now the congressional republicans have been saying things I cannot do in my final year. Unfortunately, this dinner was not one of them. You know who you are republicans. Tim Scott, Cory Gardner, they’re in the house. Which reminds me, security, bar the doors. Judge Merrick Garland come out, we’re going to do this right here right now. Like the red wedding.”
5. “But it’s not just Congress, even some foreign leaders, they’ve been looking ahead to the next leader. Last week, Prince George showed up to our meeting in his bathrobe. That was a slap in the face. A clear breech of protocol.”
4. “Spotlight is… a movie about investigative journalists with resources and autonomy to chase down the truth. Best fantasy film since Star Wars.”
3. “But standing here, I can’t help but be reflective and a little sentimental. Eight years ago I said it was time to change the tone of our politics. In hindsight, I clearly should have been more specific.”
2. “Eight years ago, I was a young man full of idealism and vigor. And look at me now, I am gray and grizzled, and counting down the days to my death panel.”
1. “I am a little hurt that he’s not here tonight. We had so much fun the last time. And it is surprising. You got a room full of reporters, celebrities, cameras, and he says no. Is this dinner too tacky for The Donald? What could he possibly be doing instead? Is he at home, eating a Trump Steak, tweeting out insults to Angela Merkel?”