50 Cent is reportedly considering taking legal action after it was reported that an NYPD commander allegedly told officers to “shoot” the rapper on sight. 

The initial threat took place on June 7 2018, when Deputy Inspector Emanuel Gonzalez, the commanding officer of the 72nd Precinct in Sunset Park, allegedly told his officers that if they saw the “In Da Club” rapper at the NYPD sanctioned boxing match in the Bronx, they should “shoot him on sight.” Gonzalez, who initially tried to pass off the order as a joke, is now under investigation and remains on active duty while the incident is under review. 

Since discovering that the commanding officer had threatened his life, 50 Cent has taken to Instagram on multiple occasions to share screenshots of articles explaining the controversy while noting that he “hasn’t been able to sleep.”

“I’m afraid for my life, I haven’t been able to sleep since I heard of this,” he wrote as a caption of one of the posts. “The cops never notified me of the threat. I’m closing all my business in New York. I may have to sue the city.”

“This is how I wake up this morning, This guy Emanuel Gonzales is a dirty cop abusing his POWER. The sad part is this man still has a badge and a gun. #NYnotSafe #TheGangstagotabadge,” he wrote for the caption of another post. 

“I take this threat very seriously and im consulting with my legal counsel regarding my options moving forward. I am concerned that I was not previously advised of this threat by the NYPD. #NYnotSafe #TheGangstagotabadge,” he wrote as a caption for another.

This isn’t the first time the commanding officer has been engaged in a feud with the 50 Cent, as a month before the roll call occurred, Gonzalez filed an aggravated harassment complaint, which claimed that 50 Cent threatened him on Instagram.

At the time, the rapper was commenting on a lawsuit which accused Gonzalez of shaking down the owner of the Sunset Park club Love and Lust, when he wrote “get the strap,” which is a slang term for “get a gun.”

50 CELEBRITIES WHO DIED IN 2018 – TRIBUTE SLIDESHOW

In the complaint that he filed in the department, Gonzalez said that several of the rapper’s 18 million followers had responded with their own threats against him, including “f—k this commander” and “blast this fool,” which he claimed left him “in fear of his safety.” 50 Cent eventually removed the Instagram post in question, and while the department investigated Gonzalez’s complaint, no charges weas filed.