Nintendo eShop’s New October 13, 2016 Releases
There’s a lot to be grateful for with this week’s Nintendo eShop update! The Nintendo 3DS was gifted with a variety of games, and the Wii U Virtual Console received two of the Nintendo DS’s most cherished titles.
Animal Crossing: Wild World holds the distinctions of being the first handheld Animal Crossing, and the first Animal Crossing with online capabilities. While the core of the series should hold up well enough if you’re a fan, each iteration includes new features and quality of life improvements, so I’m hesitant to recommend Wild World over the Nintendo 3DS’s New Leaf. But if you do purchase Wild World, please keep in mind that its online functions will not work anymore.
Kirby Canvas Curse refits one of Nintendo’s most versatile mascots into a new spin on the platformer genre. Kirby is now a ball, and it’s up to you to guide him with your stylus. Collecting hidden medals and clearing missions will unlock bonuses, so keep scratching that touch screen! I’m not much of a Kirby enthusiast, but I really enjoyed what little I played of Canvas Curse back in the day.
Disney Magical World 2, for the Nintendo 3DS, is the biggest release this week. If you have ever wanted to befriend some of Disney’s most beloved characters, then this is for you! Mickey Mouse, the Disney Princesses, Elsa and Olaf from Frozen, and many more will join you in your adventure across the six worlds. Disney Magical World 2 will hit stores tomorrow.
Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure is an action-RPG developed by Nihon Falcom, a venerable studio with years of RPG experience. Their latest contribution to the genre contains over 35 hours of playtime and “an all-star cast of voice actors.” Parin and her ragtag clique of monsters are ready for action!
Severed was initially released on the Wii U at the end of September, and now it’s arrived on the 3DS. If you buy Sasha’s journey on one system, you’ll receive a digital copy of her game for the other system. Furthermore, the 3DS version of Served is launching at a discounted price that’ll last until October 20.
Chase: Cold Case Investigations ~Distant Memories~ is a spiritual successor to Hotel Dusk: Room 215, and some of Hotel Dusk‘s key staff, including its director, regrouped to develop Chase. Shounosuke Nanase and Koto Amekura, our detective protagonists, will inspect crime scenes and grill bystanders in order to solve an unsolved case. Be careful when you confront the witnesses, however! Do a sloppy job, and the truth shall remain lost. Feel free to investigate my review if you need more clues.
Here’s everything Nintendo released on the eShop this week:
- Act it Out! A Game of Charades (Snap Finger Click, $9.99)
- Bit Dungeon+ (Dolores Entertainment, $6.00)
- Mahjong (Sanuk Games, $4.99)
- Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo, $9.99 – originally for the Nintendo DS)
- Kirby Canvas Curse (Nintendo, $9.99 – originally for the Nintendo DS)
- Disney Magical World 2 (Nintendo, $39.99 – launches tomorrow, will also be available at retail)
- BlockForm (CW-Games, $4.99)
- Chase: Cold Case Investigations ~Distant Memories~ (Aksys Games, $5.99)
- Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure (Mastiff, $14.99)
- Served (DrinkBox Studios, $13.49 – launch discount lasts until October 20, supports cross-buy with the Wii U)
- Sonic series: Cute Style (SEGA, $1.99)
- Sonic series: Shadow Style (SEGA, $1.99)
- Sonic series: Silver Style (SEGA, $1.99)
- Sonic Bundle #3 (SEGA, $4.99 – contains the above three themes)
- Gurumin Heroes Theme (Mastiff, $1.49)
- Gurumin Monster Pals Theme (Mastiff, $1.49)
- Gurumin Night Parade Theme (Mastiff, $1.49)
- Gurumin Orange Twist Theme (Mastiff, $1.49)
- Gurumin Monster Bundle (Mastiff, $3.99 – contains the above four themes)
If nothing listed above catches your attention, then check out what’s on sale. If you’re looking to enrich your Wii U library, then Tumblestone is a solid time killer, and I’ve heard positive things about Never Alone. If you’d like more handheld action, then perhaps you’d enjoy Gunslugs?
Will you download anything this week?