Nick Gordon Cause Of Death: Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Boyfriend Died Of Accidental Heroin Overdose
The death of Nick Gordon, the former boyfriend of Bobbi Kristina Brown, the daughter of pop star Whitney Houston, has been declared a drug overdose. Gordon had suffered an accidental heroin overdose, reported the local medical examiner’s office.
Gordon had died on New Year’s Day at a Sheraton Hotel in Maitland, Florida, a suburb of Orlando. A 911 call from someone who was with Gordon at the time of his overdose said that, “black stuff,” was coming out of Gordon’s mouth. Foaming at the mouth is a possible symptom of a drug overdose. Gordon was brought to a hospital where he was pronounced dead seven hours later. A toxicology report found that Gordon had morphine and naloxone, often known as Narcan, a medication meant to quickly reverse the effects of an opioid overdose, in his system.
Gordon’s death comes nearly five years after the death of Bobbi Kristina Brown. On January 31, 2015, Gordon found Brown unresponsive in a bathtub at her home near Atlanta, Georgia. Gordon and Brown had lived together since they were children, when Gordon’s mother asked Houston to look after her son. Despite growing up together and often referring to each other as brother and sister, Gordon and Brown became romantically involved after Houston’s death, even becoming engaged. Soon after she was found unresponsive, Brown was placed in a medically induced coma. She remained comatose until July 26 of that year, when she was pronounced dead.
A little more than a year after her death, in September 2016, Gordon was found “legally responsible,” for the death of Brown. Brown’s estate alleged that Gordon had given Brown a, “toxic cocktail,” of substances, including marijuana, ethanol, and morphine. It was also alleged that Gordon had acted abusively towards Brown. Gordon did not show up in civil court to dispute the allegations, so he was forced to pay her estate $36 million.
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!