New Coroner Report Reveals Drugs In Whitney Houston's System, Hotel Room
The latest coroner report released on Whitney Houston, who died in February at the age of 48 in her Beverly Hills hotel room, revealed that there were signs of cocaine and drug paraphernalia at the site of her death.
The new autopsy report, which was released on Wednesday, details that Houston was discovered face-down in the "extremely hot" tub of water by her personal assistant, and she bore "scalding burns" on her body, according to the L.A. Times. Houston's death, however, was ruled accidental.
The toxicology reports revealed cocaine in her system, as well as several depressants, including marijuana, Xanax, Flexeril, and Benadryl. According to toxicologist Dr. Nachman Brautbar, none of the drugs by itself was at a toxic level for Houston. The cocaine, for example, had been taken about two hours prior to Houston's death. "The combination was toxic for her," Brautbar said.
There was a "small spoon with a white crystal-like substance in it, and a rolled-up piece of white paper," in the bathroom where Houston died, according to an investigative report. Prescription drug bottles were also present at the scene, as well as a portable mirror bearing the residue of a powdery substance.
Now that the final coroner's report has been released, the investigation into Houston's death can be closed.
You might also like:
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!