Michael Dunn, the Florida man who fired into a carful of black teens who were playing loud music, was found guilty of all charges but the 1st degree murder charge for the death of Jordan Davis.

Michael Dunn Verdict

Dunn, 47, was found guilty of three counts of attempted second-degree murder and one count for the reckless shooting. The jury, who deliberated for four days, was unable to reach a unanimous decision on the first-degree murder charge, which has forced judge Russell L. Healey to declare a mistrial on the charge, reported HLN.

"I've never seen a case where deliberations have gone on for this length of time," Healey told reporters after the verdicts were read. "They've embraced their civic duty, and they are to be commended for that."

Attorneys & Jordan Davis' Mom React To Verdict

State attorney Angela Corey plans to retry Dunn on the first-degree murder charge. However, even though the murder charge hangs in the balance, Dunn stands to be imprisoned for 75 years, as each attempted murder charge requires a minimum sentence of 20 years. The shooting conviction carries with it an additional 15 years.

"He's in disbelief, and it has not sunk in," defense attorney Cory Strolla told reporters following the verdict. "I have no earthly clue what I could have done differently.”

Although the jury failed to reach a verdict for Dunn’s specific act of shooting and killing her son, Lucia McBath is satisfied to know that Dunn won’t be walking free. "We are so grateful for the truth," McBath said. "We are so grateful that the jurors were able to understand the common sense of it all."

Dunn Shoots At Teens Over Loud Music

On Nov. 23, 2012, Dunn had been on his way home from his son’s wedding when he and his fiancé pulled into a gas station to pick up a couple of items at the store. While waiting in his vehicle, Dunn became annoyed with the loud music emanating from the vehicle beside him. Dunn and the carful of teens – Davis, Tevin Thompson, Leland Brunson and Tommie Stornes – allegedly exchanged words before Dunn opened fire, killing Davis.

Dunn claims that he felt as though there was "clear and present danger," and that his life was in jeopardy. He’s alleged that he heard someone call him a “cracker” and that he thought he saw the barrel of the gun through his window before Davis began to exit the car.

No weapons were found inside the teens’ car. Furthermore, the teens deny that any of them – including Davis – threatened Dunn. Nor do they recall Davis making an attempt to exit the car before Dunn took aim. The teens did not deny blasting their music.

It’s unknown when Corey and the prosecutors will retry Dunn for the murder of Davis, who would have turned 19 on Saturday.

– Chelsea Regan

Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.

Get the FREE Uinterview iPad app here and watch our videos anywhere.

Read more about: