News

LL Cool J Cancels New Years Eve Performance After Testing Positive For Covid-19

LL Cool J was slated to perform at Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest, on Friday, but had to cancel following a positive Covid-19 test.

The 53-year-old rapper and actor, whose real name is James Todd Smith, told People, “I know it’s disappointing to the millions of fans but my test came back positive for Covid, which means I’ll no longer be able to perform as scheduled for NYRE.”

This positive case came as plans for the New Year’s Eve celebration were being scaled back by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio in the wake of a surge in Covid cases. About 15,000 attendees will be allowed, which is a quarter of the usual New Year’s Eve numbers.

Due to the surge of Covid-19’s Omicron variant, several events have already been canceled, including Fox’s New Year’s Eve Toast & Roast. Singer Chloë of the group Chloë x Halle also walked away from an ABC performance in Times Square.

On December 27, the U.S. had a single-day record-breaking high of over 441,000 new Covid cases, surpassing a record set on January 8 of this year. The total Covid-19 death toll in the U.S. has reached approximately 821,000.

This winter spike has led to cancellations of many flights across the country, causing uncertainty for some Americans in the middle of holiday plans.

Jacob Linden

Recent Posts

VIDEO: Researchers Stunned To See Octopus Hitching A Ride On Back Of A Shark

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UTnTQEk-dEU A research team from the University of Auckland was out studying feeding frenzies when…

5 hours ago

VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Oklahoma City Bombing Survivor Amy Down Shares Her Memories Of The Attack

"For the first time I looked around I could see and I just remember thinking…

7 hours ago

Meghan Trainor Comes Clean About Using Weight-Loss Drug Mounjaro After Persistent Rumors

At the 2025 Billboard Women in Music event on Saturday, March 29, Trainor told Entertainment…

8 hours ago

Meghan Markle Defends Her Numerous Business Ventures In Post-Royal Career: ‘I Need to Work’

​ Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, has addressed criticism regarding her numerous business ventures…

11 hours ago

Macaulay Culkin Says He Hasn’t Spoken To Dad In Decades: ‘I Think He Kinda Hated Me’

Culkin previously accused his father of emotional and physical abuse, an allegation that led to…

14 hours ago

Hunter Biden Agrees To Give Up His Law License In Washington, D.C.

Former President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, has agreed to surrender his license to practice…

16 hours ago